'Film as my major' - what influenced you to select your first choice major - Emerson

jerrytherock31 6 / 14  
please help me edit my essay! give me advice! i really want to get into Emerson! thanks!!

Topic: As you know, the academic programs at Emerson College are focused on communication and the arts. Please tell us what influenced you to select your first choice major and, if applicable, your second choice major. If you're undecided about your major, what attracted you to Emerson's programs? Please be brief (100-200 words)

I chose to pursue Film as my major because when I view an engaging and captivating film, it inspires me to reinvent the techniques used and to employ my own personal twist. I am intrigued by how a scene is framed and how the camera focuses on the subject; the effect this produces, making the overall mood and emotions of the film vivid, is an effect that I seek to capture and take in new directions. The varieties of opportunities in the art of film are some of the techniques that I can benefit from Emerson's Film Program. (should this be capitalized?)

Cinema brings excitement to the audience's world and brings the filmmaker's wildest dreams to life. I am determined to captivate future audiences with the techniques and skills that Emerson can impart to me, as well as with my original ideas and visions. In forthcoming films, it would be a pleasure to share my imagination and creativity with enthralled viewers. Emerson professors are extremely experienced in cinematography, enabling a productive and immersive learning environment. The high-quality atmosphere harbored at Emerson College will allow me to become a well-rounded filmmaker and attain my goals in the film industry.
elenazafrul 4 / 10  
This essay is actually quite good. As far as I'm aware of, there's not that much errors on this essay, and that bold part shouldn't be capitalized. Your essay is clear and well-constructed, I think you're good to go!

Home / Undergraduate / 'Film as my major' - what influenced you to select your first choice major - Emerson