"finance and technology" - Where do you see yourself three years after ISB?

getshivam 2 / 4  
My team provides technical support to a suit of applications used by X Comapny's Investment Banking division. My role has given me the opportunity to apply my problem solving skills in challenging real life situations. Frequent interaction with business users aroused in me a deep interest for finance and an urge to get an into a core finance role. So much that I enrolled for CFA Program, one of the best finance programs in the world, and cleared both CFA Level I and Level II in first attempts. Having acquired good theoretical knowledge of finance, I now want to get into ISB MBA Program to learn more about this industry from the experience of world class faculty and extremely talented batch mates. I want to use ISB's Experiential Learning Program to get first hand experience of working in a financial sector which could prove very helpful in my objective of switching to a finance profile. A profile, where in my initial years I could combine my classroom knowledge with my analytical skills to identify good investment opportunities and provide solutions to complex finance problems and thereby helping my firm to generate big revenues.

Now technology plays an important role in Investment banking industry, and business and technology go hand in hand, but I have seen that both these divisions find it difficult to understand language of each other. Three years after ISB, I see myself at a position where I'll be using my experience in finance and technology divisions to fill these gaps between both divisions, and help business to identify the best technical solutions meeting their requirements. I want to create a niche for me in the industry and become a valuable asset with my rich experience in finance as well as technology.
Frequent interaction with business users aroused in me a deep interest in finance and an urge to get an into a core finance role.

So much so, that I enrolled for CFA Program, one of the best finance programs in the world, and cleared both CFA Level I and Level II in my first attempts.

A profile, where in my initial years I could combine my classroom knowledge with my analytical skills to identify good investment opportunities and provide solutions to complex financial problems, thereby helping my firm to generate big revenues.

Now technology plays an important role in the Investment banking industry, and business and technology go hand in hand, but I have seen that both these divisions find it difficult to understand the language of each other.

Three years after ISB, I see myself in a position where I'll be using my experience in the finance and technology divisions to fill these gaps between both divisions, and helping businesses to identify the best technical solutions for meeting their requirements.

I want to create a niche for myself in the industry and become a valuable asset, with my rich experience in finance as well as technology.

They'll be lucky to have you as a student!

:)
OP getshivam 2 / 4  
Thanks a lot Susan for the feedback ..:)

Home / Undergraduate / "finance and technology" - Where do you see yourself three years after ISB?