find X- university of Chicago (perfection)

lol_joyce 1 / 2  
I have only written half of the the intro and two body paragraphs, and I need another paragragh... but i am really stuck... someone please help me... ><

X often represents mistakes, faults, and wrongs. In other words, X is a symbol of imperfection. If chasing perfection is the ultimate goal of life, then imperfection gives humans direction and reasons to live. Also, it is the strongest motivation for people to think and work hard, which keeps them from becoming ignorant, content sheep. X, representing imperfection, is everywhere and will always be everywhere.

People spend their whole lives making improvements to get closer to perfection; seeking perfection is the main purpose of most people's lives. People work hard during most of the times in their lives, and they always have something that they are trying to accomplish. Once they have achieved that, they can enjoy a short period of happiness before they find another goal to chase after. For example, a baby spends his first couple months of life trying to walk. After all the tripping, he has finally learnt to walk, he walks around for a while feeling very proud of himself. However, it won't be long before he starts thinking "If only I could run..." Individuals unconsciously repeat this process over and over again in their lives, which is what makes life interesting and meaningful.

Imperfection also forces people to think hard in order to make improvements, and in fact, humans will be brain-dead if the world they live in is free from any flaws and wrongs. Since people can think on their own, they often find faults in the situations they are in. The thoughts of wanting better lives motivate them to use their brains and think deeply. As they think about what they can do to seek perfection efficiently, they become more and more creative, thoughtful, and have more personality. Individuals become unique, one of a kind, and different from others, which makes human beings even more special. On the other hand, if humans live in a perfect world with nothing to change and work hard for, all they have to do every day is eat and sleep, and eventually, human beings will become sheep and pigs
Rajiv 55 / 400  
What you've run out of is ideas; as there's little to add to what you're saying !

Your explanation of how the world works - as ever chasing after perfection - is begging: how about change, and the new? Isn't the first time that anything is attempted, a breaking-away from the old? Someone not caring for attaining perfection in the old way, and wanting to discover a new way of doing things.

Ever wondered why that happens, and why that works ?
X, representing imperfection, is everywhere and will always be everywhere.

Interesting! But why does it represent imperfection? I thought it represented the answer to a question, the mysterious thing you have to "find."

You wrote the essay in a clever way! But at the beginning, you should not say a variable represents imperfection. You should say that X represents perfection and that you are always trying to achieve it. Do you know what I mean? That will require some revision.

If you don't want to do that, you have to explain why you think X represents imperfection.

:-)
OP lol_joyce 1 / 2  
Thank you everyone for replying... I have a long way to go... and I only have 4 years before I have to apply univrsity T T

I need to iprove my essay writing skills!

Home / Undergraduate / find X- university of Chicago (perfection)