Finding the college of my dreams is not a simple task; why transfer?

lburgess88 3 / 4  
Please provide a statement (250 words minimum) that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.

I have discovered that finding the college of my dreams is not a simple task. I first attended Florida Institute of Technology not quite sure what I wanted to major in. I was excited to be moving far from home and drawn by the warm weather. After a semester, I found that I enjoyed the business atmosphere the best (being an entrepreneur at heart) and decided to major in business administration. The business program at FIT does not have the best reputation or resources, so I decided I needed to find another college that would fulfill my educational needs. Transferring from FIT was hard, especially since I was leaving all of my friends and relationships with professors behind. However, I arrived at Newbury College refreshed and excited that I had discovered the perfect major: hospitality administration. Even though I finally found the area of study I am most interested in, the coursework and expectations are not challenging; I do not wish to settle and cruise through the rest of college. After discussing the curriculum with the Assistant Dean, Mr. Brian Shockley, I found that Boston University's program would best prepare me for a position in the hospitality industry. I would not only be able to study the hospitality field, but I would also be able to experience it first-hand through internships and study abroad programs. I already have a few internships lined up for next semester and summer, and I could apply these work assignments towards my eight hundred hours of field experience. Also, the study abroad program would be a great way to travel to another country, learn about its culture, and see how the hospitality industry works on a global level. Boston University would be the college of my dreams because it would provide the rigorous educational atmosphere that I am looking. BU has an exceptional reputation that sets it apart from other universities, and I would be proud to be a student at Boston University.

Thanks.

L. Burgess
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening.

I think your response is truthful while still being respectful, a very good response to their question. Mechanically it is clean, and I wouldn't change a thing. Nice work. Bet of luck!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / Finding the college of my dreams is not a simple task; why transfer?