Finding X - University of Chicago - Supplemental

MonoColour 1 / 2  
Hello, essayforum.

I'm applying to University of Chicago out of many. One of the supplements I am interested in is:
1) Find x. (inspired by Benjamin Nuzzo)

Finding "x" can be in the eye of the beholder, yes? Meaning, I can write whatever I wish to incorporate the finding of x.

Excuse me for this thread post...my dad is strongly arguing against me that it is incredibly difficult.

My idea is that x can be found everywhere, as x represents the duality of humanity (males, females, chromosomes before they pull apart after being copied.)

Is my path of thought completely off?

Also, what is a good word max limit for these essays? I'm assuming 750, but...

Thank you very much.
diarramarie1 2 / 5  
I think that topic is very interesting and you can use it in comparisons from math, biology, and the real world. Admissions essays are usually 250 words.
NRiusech 1 / 1  
The beautiful thing about "finding x" is that it can be whatever you want it to be! I'm also applying to UChicago & chose the same topic. Remember to be creative- "x" can be a destination, a variable, a goal in life, etc. Chicago wants approx. 500 words for their essay. Good luck!
Well, solving for x involves particular processes -- reducing to simplest terms, observing proper order of operations, and so forth. This should probably be full of math metaphors! :-)

Home / Essays / Finding X - University of Chicago - Supplemental