my first intro to chemistry class - UM Major

mihirmj 12 / 12  
Prompt: What led you to
choose the area(s) of academic interest that you have listed in your
application to the University of Michigan? If you are undecided, what
areas are you most interested in, and why?

From the moment I took my first intro to chemistry class with Mr. Sawan, notoriously known as the toughest teacher at my school, I knew I had a love for the subject. From acid-base equilibrium and stoichiometry to atomic theory and bonding, I learned more in chemistry than any other class. Chemistry taught me not only general facts and concepts but also gave me a deeper understanding of the world I live in. It instilled skills in me that will help me for many years to come and from the hours of memorization and dedication to the subject, I not only learned the material but also gained a greater understand of education as a whole, which helped me in all my classes.

Few words can explain my love for chemistry but dedication is as close as it gets. Throughout my high school career, I have dedicated myself to this science and have spent hours to master the skills needed to succeed in this subject. The skills I have honed in myself from chemistry will never be lost and my love for this subject will never diminish.

Given the extreme enjoyment I get from chemistry it is no surprise I chose it as my major at the University of Michigan. In an institution where the sciences are such an intricate part of the campus I could chose no other major then the one that makes me the happiest.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon :)

As you didn't explain what kind of assistance you were seeking, I have made some general comments about your piece:

It instilled skills in me that will help me for many years to come and from the hours of memorization and dedication to the subject (Remove comma) I not only learned the material but also gained a greater understanding of education as a whole, which helped me in all my classes.

Few words can explain my love for chemistry but dedication is as close as I can get .

Another excellent answer to the prompt. Good organization, clear, concise, and easy to read. Nice work.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP mihirmj 12 / 12  
yea sorry i forgot to answer what exactly i wanted advice on but I just wanted to know if you thought it was an overall good piece and if it answered the prompt well. but you basically answered that if you have anything else to say then feel free to let me know thanks.

Home / Undergraduate / my first intro to chemistry class - UM Major