The first place that comes to mind is the toddler classroom of my church - Perfectly Content?

Commonapp 1 / -  
Hello! This is going to be sent to the University of Michigan, and possibly some other colleges. It is about 315 words; it has to be between 250 and 650. I just feel like this is missing something... Any help would be wonderful!

Prompt: Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?

When asked to identify a place where I feel perfectly content, the first place that comes to mind is the toddler classroom of my church. Each Sunday I teach a class of two and three year old children about the world around them, and it means everything to me. From the children's art decorating every inch of the walls, to the feeling of complete happiness that always fills the space- there is not one thing I would change about the room I teach in. Books and baby dolls litter the floor, and I always need to clear a spot to sit with the kids. Each day before class little voices shout "Miss Megan, book! Read book!" and "Ms. Megan! Look at my coloring; I'm an artist!" This is accompanied by the sight of small bodies gathering to eagerly tell me tales of their week's happenings, a sight I never tire of. I am filled with a sense of absolute completion and happiness at the sound of the kid's laughter, and the room elicits the same feeling. There is nothing better in this world than seeing a child's face light up as she comprehends that rain comes from clouds that got "too heavy." I love seeing the pride in the kids when they are able to assist in their peers' learning. When I realize a lesson I taught has made a lasting impression as a child brings up a lessons from weeks before, I feel I've made a difference. There is no better feeling than knowing I am the one who these kids come to for comfort when they're unsure of a situation. I couldn't love the kids I teach more, and all I want in life is to become an educator to try my best to make a difference in the lives of the next generation. When I am perfectly content, I am teaching
Sire 3 / 4  
This essay seems pretty good but I think it could be better. You should try to explain some of your feelings instead of simply stating them. (instead of saying "it means everything to me" try SHOWING us why it means everything to you)

Home / Undergraduate / The first place that comes to mind is the toddler classroom of my church - Perfectly Content?