FIRST Robotics community ; UMichigian Ann Arbor/ Community

fsolano94 16 / 30  
Essay Prompt: Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

I am part of the FIRST Robotics community at my high school. We are a supportive community and value the qualities of leadership, teamwork, and gracious professionalism. Through teamwork and individual positions each member of the FIRST community has the opportunity to contribute his/her ideas and opinions. My position in the FIRST community is programmer. I ensure that the robot functions properly and meets the requirements specified by FIRST regulations. Fun, innovative, and inspiring are also adjectives that best describe our community. We seek solutions to certain problems such as programming our robot using a variety of methods and applications; mainly programming styles such as Java, C++, or lab view. Imagination and application of science and technology are integral to the FIRST community.

We may not be the bigger of FIRST communities in our region of Las Vegas, but our team effort and cooperation make up for it; we work together as a cohesive unit and motivate each other to always strive for better results regarding the construction of robot 2520. The FIRST Robotics community influences me to contribute to the community at Valley High School because all of the members are positive and have made goals toward becoming future leaders in science and technology. It is in the FIRST community that I learned the significance of teamwork and leadership. Since I am the only one capable of programming C++ and Java, I often lead the other members in tutorials. FIRST has given me the motivation to pursue my dreams.

Please feel free to express any thoughts, opinions, etc. Yes I am open to criticism but just don't say anything that will get you suspended. Thanks and I will surely return the favor.
My position in the FIRST community is programmer.

I contribute to the community as a programmer.

. I ensure that the robot functions properly and meets the requirements specified by FIRST regulations.

My task is to ensure that the robot functions properly and meets the requirements specified by FIRST regulations.

We may not be the bigger of FIRST communities in our region of Las Vegas

We may not be as big as other FIRST communities in our region of Las Vegas...

Home / Undergraduate / FIRST Robotics community ; UMichigian Ann Arbor/ Community