FIT entrance essay; Advantage of Florida Tech's Melbourne campus location

Bamboojack 4 / 4 1  
Florida Tech's location maximizes students' ability to explore careers, gain work experience and conduct research with faculty in their major of interest. How would you take advantage of these opportunities? (250 words max)

Florida Tech's location in Melbourne Florida allows for students who wish to study Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering to distend their opportunities to explore careers and gain work experiences in these fields. Melbourne and the FIT campus is less than an hour away from NASA's Kennedy Space Center and the Patrick and Canaveral Air Force Facilities. These facilities and the other satellite facilities of Lockheed Martin and Boeing makes the East Coast of Central Florida one of the top Aeronautics and Aerospace locations in the nation and the world. Florida Tech is also one of the view schools in the nation to have a flight school on campus, allowing for a more hands on experience for those studying Aeronautics.

I hope to study either Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering at FIT while being apart of FIT's outstanding Army ROTC battalion. I will be able to have hands on experience working with top experts in my field of study as well as having the opportunity to see into the careers of those who work in my field of study. The close proximity of these facilities will also allow for great opportunities for internships and to work with the companies that may look to hire me after earning my degree.

Currently 208 words.
AlecSalisbury 2 / 4 2  
This was good! I made some minor corrections. As for the word count, just try and elaborate some more.

Florida Tech's location in Melbourne Florida allows for students who wish to study Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering to distend their opportunities to explore careers and gain work experiences in these fields. Melbourne and the FIT campus is less than an hour away from NASA's Kennedy Space Center and the Patrick and Canaveral Air Force Facilities. These facilities and the other satellite facilities of Lockheed Martin and Boeing makes the East Coast of Central Florida one of the top Aeronautics and Aerospace locations in the nation and the world. Florida Tech is also one of the (only?)view schools in the nation to have a flight school on campus, allowing for a more hands on experience for those studying Aeronautics.

I hope to study either Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering at FIT while being apart of FIT's outstanding Army ROTC battalion. By going to FIT , I will be able to have a hands on experience working with top experts in my field of study as well as having the opportunity to see into the careers of those who work in my field of study (This is a very long sentence, try splitting it into two) . The close proximity of these facilities will also allow for amazinggreat opportunities for internships and to work with the companies that may look to hire me after earning my degree. .

Home / Undergraduate / FIT entrance essay; Advantage of Florida Tech's Melbourne campus location