BU, in five to six sentences how did u learn more about bu, 3 qualities

davidgoes 5 / 13  
In five or six sentences, tell us how you first became interested in BU and what steps you have taken to learn more about us.

When I began the infamous "college search," I made a list of traits that I wanted in a school: close to a city and hospital, a diverse student body, an interdisciplinary approach to biology, and a Pre Med club. I can honestly say that only one school matched every single one of my criteria: Boston University. With such distinguished professors as Professor David Waxman; he will be a great mentor. The nearby Massachusetts General hospital will allow me to contribute back to the community while gaining hands on experience. I want my college experience to be academically unparalleled amidst a group of diverse students who are excited to learn from each other. I know that I will find this and much more at Boston University.

Essay #1: In an essay of no more than 500 words, please select three words that describe you best and tell us how you will use these qualities/characteristics to contribute fully to the BU community. 4000 characters

Interested in spending your summer exploring careers while earning money? Every day that slogan went through my ear as I passed the Youth Works promoters on the catwalk. Who would want waste their summer learning and doing work? Ironically, fate forced me to hear out those same coordinators as they entered my class one day. I initially dozed off, but after five minutes of attempting to sleep I decided to just listen. To my amazement, the opportunities offered were nothing like I expected. Interning in a police station or a city supervisors office would be exhilarating experiences. After class, I thought about how much of an ignorant knucklehead I was. I realized it would be an opportune way to spend my summer as an alternative to wasting away my summer watching television. So I applied, and as fate would have it, I was accepted to intern at Supervisor Sophie Maxwell's office.

Little did I know that I would wound up taking charge of the many core responsibilities of the office. While working five days a week, I promptly arrived early every morning to open the office at 7 am. Because I was put in charge of organizing meetings for the Supervisor, the plethora of conversations I had refined my communication skills. Furthermore, I was put in charge of planning town hall meetings by communicating with community center leaders, following up with information to the supervisor, and making sure everything runs smoothly. The supervisor utilized my knowledge of Chinese by having me translate for her at events. After a few months, I was put in charge of training new volunteers in how to assist constituents. My continuous enthusiasm reverberated through the volunteers of the office, fostering their ardor in serving the community. The Supervisor was so enthralled by our zeal and immense contributions to the community that she often accredited her success to us and thanked us in her public speeches.

As a mentor, she entrusted me with more demanding responsibilities as time progressed. I was determined to do my best and not let her down. She entrusted me to author speeches for her to speak at city board of supervisor and committee meetings. I meticulously drafted speeches, bolstering every sentence to convey a message that would articulate her ideas concisely. Because of my ardent involvement with projects, I was appointed to be lead intern. With this title, I initiated crucial projects such as the research and development of formal legislation.

In life, I believe it is very important to have these characteristics of a leader: sociability, dependability and determination. My effective gregariousness allowed successful communication, my dependability showed the Supervisor that she could rely on me, and my fortitude to complete tasks displayed my determined mindset of getting things done. These qualities establish the foundation for the achievement of future aspirations. I assure that my contribution of my leadership nature can return to the BU community in ways that other students can benefit from.
ae828 1 / 2  
With such distinguished professors as Professor David Waxman; he will be a great mentor.

This part seems kind of random, it doesn't seem to flow with the rest maybe a better transition into the sentence? otherwise your short answer is great!

Home / Undergraduate / BU, in five to six sentences how did u learn more about bu, 3 qualities