In five or six sentences, tell us how you first became interested in BU

yolaynyciriaco 1 / 2  
Help Please

In five or six sentences, tell us how you first became interested in BU and what steps you have taken to learn more about us.

It is not difficult living in Boston and not hears about Boston University. I was being there so many time middle schools thru high school. My experience as a visitor and as a student in Boston University has been one of the main factors that motivated me to want to attend Boston University after high school. One of those experiences was the A+ Prep College Academic this summer. Where I had the great opportunity to asked question about the experience of admission and learn more about Boston University, through my tutors who are current students of the University. Another of the way I used to know more about Boston University has been in my AVID class and through conversations between my friends and me. And of course the internet and through different website that offer diverse information.
The grammar here needs a lot of work:

It is not difficult living in Boston and not hears about Boston University

This sentence uses a double negative which, ironically, negates your actual meaning. Revise.

I was being there so many time middle schools thru high school.

You need to revise your tenses here.

Where I had the great opportunity to asked question about the experience of admission and learn more about Boston University, through my tutors who are current students of the University.

Another of the way I used to know more about Boston University has been in my AVID class and through conversations between my friends and me.

Try this instead: "Another way I learned more about Boston University was through my AVID class and through conversations between my friends and me."

This is a sentence fragment.

And of course the internet and through different website that offer diverse information.

Also a sentence fragment.
chhhristine 2 / 8  
You should fix your spelling and grammatical errors.
Your reasons for why you became interested in the university and not very original. I think you should provide reasons that show more of your personality and explain why you belong in this university.
EF_Stephen - / 264  
Exactly. Why BU and not BC, for example? Where is your passion?
muffinman8380 1 / 5  
Yeah, I agree with Stephen. Make it sound more BU-oriented and show why it HAS to be BU and not any other school.
worldbound10 4 / 18  
I agree with the others...your points aren't bad, but they don't really explain why you want to go to BU specifically.
OP yolaynyciriaco 1 / 2  
Being a resident of the city of Boston makes it very easy to hear about Boston University at some point during college research. I first became interested in BU during my experience as a visitor as a student in A+ Prep College Academy. During these visits I had the opportunity to ask questions about the admissions process and to learn more about BU from current students. I liked the fact that I felt very comfortable and welcomed during the filed trips with my AVID class from The English High School. In A+ Prep College Academy I had the great opportunity to ask questions about the admission process as well as student life. These experiences drew me to look more deeply at BU and through research on the BU website and other informational websites, I was glad to learn that BU has the majors I am interested in as well as opportunities for internships, scholarships, and work experience that will lead me to a successful future.
"during the field trips with my AVID class"

I don't know that there is much point in revising further anymore. You aren't given a lot of room to begin with, and what you have know answers the question well enough.
omarxcore 4 / 20  
I agree, everything you have (after the many, many revisions) is perfect!
ying7686 2 / 7  
Well~your answer is much more compelling than mine since I live far away from US~Good luck~

Home / Undergraduate / In five or six sentences, tell us how you first became interested in BU