Fly Firefly; SUNY School application

francesca_dileo 1 / 1  
Im really proud of it but I need to know if it catches your eyes! you can give me opinions, please and thank you :)

Francesca Di Leo
Fly Firefly
As I grasp the cold, hard, metallic doorknob my heart races and my mind flutters like a butterfly that has lost her way. I walked into my first period class with goose bumps lining my arms and a feeling of anxiety in the pit of my stomach. This was my first day of tenth grade and unbeknownst to me, I was about to meet the teacher who would inspire me and help me in the discovery of my future ambitions. Mrs. McCoy demonstrated the vast possibilities and personal growth I would experience in the teaching profession such as developing strategies to enhance the education of my students at all levels of performance. Practice never makes complete perfection and I learned that as a student mastering a task is challenging. With guidance and support a student has the ability to unleash critical thinking within them. For example, she taught me through Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger, that their is constantly a greater idea the author is illustrating. Mrs. McCoy exemplified perfectly how a teacher can influence her students to be successful.

I never thoroughly understood appreciation of the talent for English until I sat in Mrs. McCoys' 10th grade English class. I cherished the atmosphere and enjoyed her passion for the profession I wish to pursue. Even though she expected her students to be assiduous she never failed to allow them to blossom into their own. For sample, one lesson I remember learning in particular was knowledge versus understanding. To know an idea is completely different than to understand it. When you understand material you absorb it into your brain, which allows you to make educated, insightful connections. For instance, the connections will enable and individual to relate to many things such as literature, movies, and real life scenarios. To know the connection means you just are aware and can repeat it from memory. This taught me that engaging in class rather than just being present would result in greater success.

I have always enjoyed school because of the immense amount of inspiration I have drawn from my teachers and the positive atmosphere the school environment creates. High school has taught me a profound amount about myself and those revelations have drawn me to the teaching profession. The growth I have done mentally is extraordinary because of challenges I have overcame throughout high school such as studying the additional hour to get a one hundred on an exam rather than a ninety and developing my student abilities. As a teacher I would be a challenged everyday to positively influence my students' and successfully motivate them to achieve greatness both in the classroom and in their lives. I see teaching as an integral part of my future. My desire is to be a teacher, mentor and role model to my students. I plan to contribute to society by preparing my students to be productive citizens and make a difference within their communities.

On the first day of school each of my students will grasp a similar cold, hard, metallic doorknob unsure of what lies ahead. I hope to spark my students' imaginations like a firefly on a warm summer night. I will inspire and influence my students stressing the importance of learning while making it pleasurable. Teaching is a challenging yet satisfying profession that I am excited to take on because it will allow me to be my best self, while encouraging young minds to live to their greatest potential and inciting in them a love of learning.

I believe I can achieve my goals by attending XYZ School because of their stellar education program and vast opportunities to be involved in social programs on campus.
Hi
It's good if you included the prompt or the purpose of this writing. Without knowing any background it's difficult for others to provide you with more relevant feedbacks. Is this about the person who had a significant influence on you?

However, you display good writing skills. Post the prompt for us to check that your response is aligned with it :)
OP francesca_dileo 1 / 1  
Hey, its topic of your choice. So- I did a little of person of influence and why I chose my major, thank you :)

Home / Undergraduate / Fly Firefly; SUNY School application