I follow the most effective path; Why Chapman University?

flaker 1 / -  
There are thousands of universities and colleges. Please share with us why you are choosing to apply to Chapman. (200 words or fewer)

I'm a very practical person. I learn by doing. I follow the most effective path. Someone assigns me a task such as learning how to rap, and from day one you'll see me trying to "spit" audacious lyrics, without any kind of knowledge about rhyming theory or basic rap hand gestures. This is how I've got to where I am. That's how I've learnt everything I'm good at: from film production to math to driving. I dive into it right away, and the theory will just come along later.

When searching for a college to pursue my passion for film production, Chapman University immediately became my top choice. What caught my attention the most was Dodge College's programs. From the very first day I step my foot in the building, I'll get hands-on experience to the Marion Knott Studios high-end equipment. I wanted to cut to the chase and dive right into the action, and Dodge College stood out the most. The proximity to Los Angeles, the industry-standard equipment, the strong emphasis on story-telling, and the myriad of internships are just some of the many factors that will make my goal less an ideological dream and more a practical reality.
Ok.... you dedicate your first paragraph to tell them that you believe in practical exposure more. You first gain that and then learn the theory behind to polish your skills further. So, I feel you should insert a few lines there to show how Chapman works well with this approach of yours. You talk about Chapman's features in the second para, but there is a bit of a detachment from the ideas of the first para to the second.

Home / Undergraduate / I follow the most effective path; Why Chapman University?