My foundation for the future. International Relations Personal Statement

vankhanh 1 / 2  

International Relations Personal Statement

***Recommened 100-250 words***
***Please help me to fix any problems***Thanks***

Born and raised in a developing country and from a middle-class family, nevertheless, the opportunities that I have had during the past 16 years are not much, but they built my foundation for the future. Learning from history classes and traveling did make a huge impact on me. I had the chance to go from the poorer countries to the most powerful Western countries. And I knew some of the reasons for the small countries to be poorer is because these countries used to be the colony of Europe and America. However, a history lesson changed my point of view about Asia's economic situation. The Meiji Restoration, a revolution that made Japan, a feudatory country turned into a strong and wealthy empire. With the intelligence and enterprising leadership skills, Meiji led his country to innovate significantly. The revolution's success is why Japan wasn't invaded and turned into the most powerful country, just by learning from the West. I have learned from this revolution the skills of leadership, organizing, and learning from others. In 2017, I have participated in the Global Issues Network program as a participant to develop my communication skill and to acknowledge globalization. The program taught me the skills for communicating, researching, time arrangement, and more. The reason for me to study International Relations is because I have been questioning and gaining the answer for the policy revolution for the developing countries in Southeast Asia and other countries with a lack of economy, politics, etc. I also want to do researches about the way to make a better relationship between every country.
A personal statement should help the reviewer understand the basis of your interest in International Relations. It should not be a history lesson for him. This essay has the potential to be a proper statement if the with refocuses the narrative. The aspects that should be developed are:

- Your first exposure to l.R.
- How you felt at that time
- The turning point that made you decide this is the career for you
- Activities and participation that serve as your I.R. foundation
- Why you believe the university you have chosen can give you a good career start.

There was no specification as to if you are applying for a masters or undergrad course admission. The advice is relevant to an undergrad admissions process.

Home / Undergraduate / My foundation for the future. International Relations Personal Statement