founding fathers essey; 'Walking down the street I met a man'

magoc_conch 1 / 4 1  
Here is my essay please say anything that could improve it or lengthen it

Thank you

Walking down the street I met a man; however this man was dressed as if he came for the seventeen hundreds so I approached him.

I came up to him and said hello slowly judging him with a close eye he then to my surprise immediately shook my hand firmly and said his name was "Alexander Hamilton". Since it was common courtesy I said mine.

After this I became very interested in this man especially since I thought I had heard this name before. I didn't want to suddenly assault him with questions especially since he seemed more dumfounded then me.

Before he opened his mouth again I became even more baffled, I just realized he was one of our Founding Fathers.

Quickly, I racked my brain for a question to ask a founding father. So I blurted out "Why did you write the Declaration of Independence."

Instantly he knew the answer. He told me that the Articles of Confederation provided to weak of a government and needed to be changed. However, it took many arguments to plan the Constitution. But, even after the Constitution was written other members of the Constitutional convention started to rebel and say that the Constitution didn't provide a Bill of Rights and that the people needed their freedoms.

Subsequently he told me that after more conventions the members decided on amendments which included a Bill of Rights that provided the people with inalienable rights. And then all thirteen states ratified the constitution.

After the 10th president of the United States was done speaking I wanted to ask another question, however I got a rude awakening to my history teacher asking what is would ask a founding father if I ever met one.
summeradams 3 / 5 1  
Walking down the street I met a man; however this man was dressed as if he came for the seventeen hundreds so I approached him .

you could say " Walking down the street I met a man who dressed as if he came for the seventeen hundreds ."
so I approached him - this could be a new sentence. you could say " i was fascinated by the way this gentlemen was dressed so i decided to approach him. "

I came up to him and said hello slowly judging him with a close eye he then to my surprise immediately shook my hand firmly and said his name was "Alexander Hamilton".. Since it was common courtesy I said mine.

you could Start this sentence differently- you could say
" as i approached him i was scrutinizing him with my fascination. as i was scrutinizing him he surprised me with a hand shake that was very firm, then he said his name was "Alexander Hamilton". "

Great essay just a little fixing- amazing :-)
OP magoc_conch 1 / 4 1  
thank you for the help

Home / Undergraduate / founding fathers essey; 'Walking down the street I met a man'