Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Four...three...two...one...Welcome to my college-life: Common App Transfer Essay

Sindthia13 2 / 2  
Four...three...two...one...Welcome to college-life!

I arrived at the Saxion Hogeschol at Enschede completely ready to immerse myself in the college and town life.
Like many prospective college freshmen, I was excited to be moving far away from my home town, eager to experience bigger and better things, and thrilled to begin to live on my own. Everything was perfect, I have my own flat, because of the fact that the university do not offer campus housing, and I can speak the language perfectly.

However, now that I'm here, living the "college life," I can't say that all of my optimistic ambitions for my freshman year have been fulfilled. In fact, I have been outright disappointed with what the Saxion Hogeschol has offered me, or rather, has failed to offer me. I want to study in small groups of students and I want that the teachers know me. All this had they told me, have the Saxion Hogeschool to offer, but what was it:

I refuse to be in a lecture with over 120 students, and none of the teachers knowing my name, that was a really disappointed to me. Okay, I already have once in a week in one lecture only 16 students and that the thing that I like the most in my week. The teacher is a student from the sophmore year and he knows us all, we are in this classes like a big family we talking, discussing and laughing, that's great.

So was one of the bittersweet advantages I have gained by attending a semester at a university where I do not belong is a unique insight as to what is truly important to me in a great college experience. A few things I've learned on my travels through this surreal first semester of mine spent in Enschede: one, I want a smaller school.

Two, while I'm there, I want to be surrounded by people who work hard and play hard, not only the latter. And lastly, Enschede will never be my city. Normally I feel everywhere at home but Enschede is a city were many students live and so I don't can really forget for a few moments the university. You hear everywhere students talk about their subjects, their classes and their university, that is normally okay but even people who I know have no other topic than university. I want to study and live with people who are love their university, but that's the problem it is really hard to love this university when everybody around you is only scold about the Saxion Hogeschol.

I need a university that offers a wide selection of courses such as Dance and Arts, Journalism and Communication, Microbiology, and Hydrology because these majors are the ones that give color in this sphere. I love it to dance, I photograph to capture images that my mind can't perceive, I blog to keep memories that my brain can't retain, I socialize to interact with people around the world, and I wanted to do research on bacteria.

College is the place where I can understand what my mind is capable of doing, however, It takes time to decide, seconds to talk, hours to solve, days to accomplish, and years to be labeled but I am negative that the Saxion Hogeschol can't help me to achieve my goals in matter of years.

Once I have transferred to a new school, I hope that I will be able to feel a sense of belonging to my community and that I get the opportunity to work volunteer, I love it to help people and to be someone how makes things happen or better. In addition, I hope to achieve the feel that I have found a second home that comes with being in safe and beautiful area, and the ability to meet new people who really proud about their university and who love their college-life. Most importantly, I want to obtain the sense of pride one has from attending a school that they love. I want to be excited to go back to school after breaks. I want to be proud to be a student at the university I choose, and I want to be happy.

I would pleased for advises

Home / Undergraduate / Four...three...two...one...Welcome to my college-life: Common App Transfer Essay