Which of these four topics to choose for UC prompt #1

jampamz 6 / 33  
Prompt #1 (freshman applicants)
Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school - and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

1. Compare myself to tandoori chicken

2. Talk about my experience with an Indian beggar and why I want to be a doctor

3. Some kind of combination of both 1 & 2

4. Back to the drawing board

#1: I'm not exactly sure how to tie this one to my dreams, lol. But would it stand out?

#2: This one is sincere but I'm afraid lots of people will write about the same topic. Also, I haven't started my own charity or anything so I'm scared it might reflect poorly on me. I don't want to come off as someone trying to replicate Slumdog Millionare.

#3: Is this a good idea at all? Or are #1 and #2 too incompatible?

#4: Self-explanatory

Thanks for your time
FireTiger 8 / 49  
If something is true to you then it shouldn't matter if other people may write similar essays. Write from your heart.

And sorry..im not familiar with the tandoori chicken...but maybe if you can relate it..?

Try to stay away from things that will only confuse the reader more..unless(!) it has a very good connection that you can explain well.
kstevens 2 / 3  
I think either one or two would be the best. Definitely not three and not so much four.
I think that three would just make you seem like you are jumping all over the place in your essay.

One would probably be the most original if you could find some way to tie it back to your dreams and originality is probably what they are looking for.

Please read mine and critique! :)
mrbbb - / 3  
Don't choose a topic for the sake of being unique. Uniqueness comes from your true feelings and aspirations, rather than a new topic or something like that. So I suggest to start with something you truly want the admission officers to know.
Reach 2 / 15  
If number 2 truly shows you off as a person, choose that. Save the uniqueness for the CommonApp.

Home / Undergraduate / Which of these four topics to choose for UC prompt #1