'Dr. Franklin Allen' - Penn supplement - professor and why

nemrac 5 / 2  
Penn offers its undergraduates an eminent faculty and a wealth of research opportunities. Use the space below to name a Penn professor with whom you would like to study or conduct research and explain why. (It is not our expectation that you contact faculty directly to answer this question.)

The professor whom I'd most like to study under would be Dr. Franklin Allen. As a major contributor in the financial world, Dr. Allen has been actively involved in various global conferences both as an advisor and a participant. Albeit his vast knowledge, he is ever willing to learn from others while at the same time providing insight stemming from his experiences. Dr. Allen has had several representative publications, the most recent one in 2007 which is proof that he is constantly in vogue with the economy and its fluctuations. As the current global financial crisis is looming ahead, I feel that knowledge of the economy and its mechanisms is especially important. Being rather involved in research, I feel that he would be an excellent mentor to myself and my peers. The various awards and commendations that Dr. Allen has received is proof of his excellence in teaching and it would be an honor to study under him.
imike 3 / 20  
Great response but you should try to elaborate on why you want to pursue economics.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Dr. Franklin Allen' - Penn supplement - professor and why