Furthering studies beyond Associate's Degree; PS - Nursing Transfer & Objectives

tinkr1 3 / 6 1  
Please provide a statement (appr. 250-500 words) that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.

I have revised it and added in why I wish to transfer and to a private Jesuit catholic school. hopefully this essay is better. please let me know!

The dreary hospital walls, the pungent smell of hospital food, the lingering diseases from hall to hall are not the ideal workplace for most. However, this is where I have chosen to pursue a career and where I spend my free time a few hours per week. Throughout my childhood, my parents have made school a priority since neither of them has graduated college. I have always had a passion for school, and I enjoy expanding my knowledge through a variety of classes. I grew up dreaming of attending a four year institution and receiving a degree. As I entered community college, I was unclear of what my career path was intended to be. Since I had always been intrigued by the human body science, I knew I wanted to work in the medical field. I began volunteering at the local hospital in order to experience the medical world first hand. My volunteer experience has made a lasting impact on my future and career goals, and I am certain that nursing is my true passion.

Volunteering in different units of the hospital has shown me the many different aspects of working in the medical field. I have been able to come in contact with a variety of patients, each with their own purpose and life story. As I started to connect with some of the patients, I realized the positive difference I was making in their life. This was the most rewarding experience, and it made me realize I wanted to help these indisposed individuals on a daily basis. Being able to bring a smile to a patient's face is not only bringing them happiness, but also helping to heal their mind, body, and soul.

Although I can attain my nursing degree at the community college level, I have decided to transfer to a four year institution because I want to further my education beyond an Associate's Degree. I have already attained my Associate's Degree in Math and Natural Science, and I wish to acquire a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. My long term goal is to attain my Master's Degree in Nurse Practitioner, and eventually continue on to attain my Doctorate degree as well. I am applying for a Jesuit Catholic University because I have attended the majority of my schooling years in a Catholic school environment. My last two years of high school I attended a public school for the first time, and I was entirely dissatisfied by the instruction that I received. I enjoyed the small student to teacher ratio that I had grown up with, and yearned for a more challenging education. Being under the influence of God and having that spirituality in the classroom, not only encouraged me to pursue my dreams for the future but gave me the morals and values to succeed.

It takes a very passionate person to be able to deal with the burden of death and disease. For the past year and a half I have been able to help the nurses in the hospital, and experience their duties first hand. Every day I leave the hospital certain that I want to one day follow in their footsteps. I want to be able to make a difference in someone's life and care for them during their time in need. Pursuing a career in nursing will allow me to continue the positive experiences I have had in volunteer because I will be able to directly care for the patients and impact their happiness and health. Being able to transfer to a Jesuit Catholic institution, I know I will be getting the best education possible and I will be surrounded by dedicated students who care about their future. I will also be able to express my faith in the Lord freely and receive education based on my morals and beliefs. The patients are my motivation to continue to pursue the career in nursing, and with the help of God I will be able to achieve my dream.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
The dreary hospital walls, the pungent smell of hospital food, theand lingering diseases from hall to hall are not the ideal workplaceworking environment for most.

As I entered community college, I was unclear of what my career path was intended to be.

Or you could say "I was interested in many subjects, making it hard to determine a single career path."

I began volunteering at the local hospital in order to gain first hand experience in the medical world.first hand.

I have been able to come into contact with a variety of patients...

During m y last two years of high school, I attended a public school for the first time, and I was entirely dissatisfied by the instruction that I received did not meet my educational standards.

I want to be able to make a difference in someone's life and care for them during their time inof need.

Home / Undergraduate / Furthering studies beyond Associate's Degree; PS - Nursing Transfer & Objectives