"future energy solutions, diversy, abroad programs" - Why Stanford?

ramiss 3 / 4  
Tell us what makes Stanford a good place for you. (250 words, 1800 characters)

Whether I would take the Caltrain to the heart of San Francisco or enjoy a day in the stunning college town, Stanford offers the premier educational and social collegiate lifestyle. Even more prominently, Stanford possesses one of the top environmental engineering departments in the country.

Even though I cannot declare a major until sophomore year, I am inspired to pursue environmental engineering by my experience as an intern at BioShaft. I would be intrigued to partake in the Atmosphere/Energy program and have the opportunity to study future energy solutions, such as algal fuel.

Stanford's study abroad and research programs are exceptional and complementary to environmental engineering. Traveling the world would not only be an exhilarating experience in itself, but it presents the chance to study different ecosystems and the variety of organisms on Earth. Additionally, the grant based and work study research programs are excellent for environmental and humanitarian endeavors. It offers a path to serve third world countries and also a medium to test and discover new environmental engineering ideas through studying and imitating natural processes.

The student diversity is a welcomed, home-warming attraction at Stanford. Being Lebanese and living in a diverse community has taught me the value of culture and the potential eclectic ethnicities possess. Subsequently, the ridiculously small student-faculty ratio blends and emphasizes the richness and value of diversity.

As a place to culture my environmental engineering interests and my aspiration to become a benefactor to others, Stanford offers the "home" of opportunities I yearn for.
LillieFlorez 2 / 3  
Very well written

Even though I cannot declare a major until sophomore year, I am inspired to pursue environmental engineering by my experience as an intern at BioShaft.
OP ramiss 3 / 4  
Ah thanks a bunch. Appreciate the help.

Home / Undergraduate / "future energy solutions, diversy, abroad programs" - Why Stanford?