'I want to gain a great experience for the future' - Why USA? Why Global UGRAD?

Husniya 1 / -  
Please describe why you would like to study in the U.S. What past experiences have given you this motivation? How will studying on the Global UGRAD program help you learn about America? How will learning about U.S. influence your personal and professional goals for the future?

I would like to study in the U.S. because of an excellent level of higher education that is given to students by almost every institution of the U.S. Now I am studying at the University as a doctor and in the future, I want to become a good specialist in my field. For this, I need to gain a good education in a good University. Until this day, whomever I have not met and wherever I have not seen, everyone and everywhere praise an American system of education. Thus, I personally want to see it and test on myself. I want to gain a great experience for the future.

Being a doctor is a very responsible and hard work. One fault may cost you a humans' life. In my country, medicine is not so developed as in the U.S. and in European countries. That is why I am intending to gain an experience and knowledge from those countries with developed medicine and in the future assist in development of it in my own country. From early childhood I wanted to be a doctor and not only me, but also all my family. Because there is no any doctor in our family, someone safe and someone to whom we can trust, who could cure us in the case of any illnesses. At that point, when I understood all the importance of this profession, I seriously started learning English, hoping that one day it will be useful for me as the resource for international communication, in order to gain beneficial information and knowledge, and spread it around the world.

On the other hand, it is very interesting to see America itself, its culture, its people, what they look like and everything remarkable that have the U.S. When we travel around the world, we expand our philosophy or view of life. We become more open, forthcoming and ready for new adventures. I always wanted to know more about American traditions and holidays, in what way they differ from our cultures, but at the same time, we must not forget them, show and explain them all to those who are there.

Moreover, I am interested in the American democratic policy, which gives to its dwellers competent freedom of decisions and actions. People nowhere can feel themselves as free as in the U.S. Democracy is the authority of nation, where the government does not oppress citizens of a country. In my opinion, the real democracy we can observe only in the United States of America. All that I have listed are just my outside impressions of America, but to feel it, to understand this culture, and to be sure in all statements, I have to see this country, learn more about it and be a small part of this multinational country. As a result, Global UGRAD gives students a great opportunity to do all those things mentioned above.

In my life I had a few moments when I used to talk with a native speakers, that's why I think when I will have a chance to go to the U.S I can improve my English, make it better as much as I can, especially my speaking skills. America is the country where live not only Americans themselves, but also we can meet there people with different nationalities. It is a multinational country. This international condition can give me the opportunity to become more sociable and broad-minded. Indeed these two features are very important for my future work, because as a doctor I will have to deal with different types of people that would have various characters. Secondly, another feature, which is no less important in the life of every person, than those two I have stated before, it is a leadership skill. When people do something, they want others to follow them and be with them, on their side. In order to do that they have to be able to convince people and be able to lead them properly in a right way. To evolve this quality in ourselves we should firstly find an example of a true leader. In my opinion, this leader is the U.S. Because America is the country of leaders. The last point I want to note is traveling. It can help me to broaden my outlook, to become more open for the new ideas and inspires to live and create.

Finally, I would like to mention that everyone must have an aim in his life. Aimless person will always stay in one position, where is no beginning and no end, when the one with purposes and goals will always try to reveal all the good that he has on the way to his aim. The process of something is more important than a result. The most important is not to lose a hope during this process. Have the hope for that one day you will get all those things that you wanted. What about myself? I want to learn more about the whole world and try to change it to the better side.
nikhil333 4 / 6 1  
Try to talk about what American universities have that universities from your country lack

- Husniya, based upon the above prompt, it would be best for you to discuss your essay in terms of your personal plans and goals for the future. You mention that you are studying to become doctor. This will play directly into the prompt that asks you why you want to come to the United States. Mention something about being familiar with John Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, or Harvard medical school and how you have always dreamed of becoming a world class doctor with similar training. For the motivation and experiences part, you can discuss the current state of medical care in your country and how you hope to gain enough training in the future to be able to go back home so that you can do your part in helping to improve the medical conditions there.

When you talk about USGrad, don't tell the reviewer what he already knows about their organization. What he is looking for is information from you regarding how you will best utilize the opportunity that USGrad may decide to offer you. Something along the lines of how medical school is will be difficult enough for a foreign student who has to finance his studies on a full tuition as a non-American student. Then connect it to the vision or mission of USGrad when it comes to helping students who need scholarships or sponsorships in school. If well developed, all of the reasons that you will present in the above paragraphs will present a full idea of how studying in the United States will help your present and future goals.

Home / Undergraduate / 'I want to gain a great experience for the future' - Why USA? Why Global UGRAD?