Gain hands on experience, gain a greater appreciation for the NASA mission; NASA INSPIRE PROGRAM

mihirmj 12 / 12  
Prompt: What would you like to achieve through your experience? (this is an internship through NASA)

For a student interested in pursuing a career in aerospace engineering, I believed there to be few ways to gain information until I discovered the NASA INSPIRE program. It took some searching but once I found it, I was disappointed I had not found it earlier. I took no chances and began working on the application in order to finish it before the deadline.

By participating in the NASA INSPIRE program, I hope to gain hands on experience, gain a greater appreciation for the NASA mission, and become a part of the NASA network. For as long as I can remember, I have always had an intrinsic curiosity for space and the notion of becoming a NASA scientist would cause shivers to go down my spine. As a participant in the NASA INSPIRE program, I will be able to gain hands on experience in many of the areas that NASA studies and be able to answer my infinite questions of what a NASA scientist does. I also hope to gain a greater appreciation for the NASA mission by seeing how much work and effort goes into each project. As a participant in the NASA INSPIRE program, I will get to see what goes on behind the scenes to make each space shuttle launch successful or how the smallest error can cause catastrophic effects.

Another goal I hope to achieve by being a participant in the NASA INSPIRE program is to establish a strong social network comprised of NASA workers along with peers who share the same values in science and technology as I do. The one advantage of an internship that goes most unnoticed is the network that you establish by being an active participant. As a NASA INSPIRE intern, I will meet many NASA workers who have been in the same position as me, and will be able to give me guidance that will help me achieve my dream of one day being in their position. Through my participation in the NASA INSPIRE program I will be one step closer in my quest of becoming a NASA scientist, and in the future may be able to aid others students like me through the NASA INSPIRE program.
pandora 6 / 19  
oh damm, hope to see you in the program :D
Linnus 6 / 89  
"For a student interested in pursuing a career in aerospace engineering, I believed there to beare only a few ways to gain informationlearn until I discovered the NASA INSPIRE program. It took some searching but once I found it, I was disappointed I had not found it earlier. I took no chances and began working on the application in order to finish it before the deadline."

I'm not sure if this introduction adds much to the essay. I don't think it has anything to do with the essay prompt.

I'm not sure about the rest of the essay.

Home / Undergraduate / Gain hands on experience, gain a greater appreciation for the NASA mission; NASA INSPIRE PROGRAM