Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Gain readiness/Brighter future- CARE SBP/ Educational goals

MariettaA 2 / 12  
CARE Summer Bridge Program Essay

The CARE Application Essay: How can CARE assist you with your educational goals at FSU?

The sky is not a limit for me because I have no limitation for myself in life. CARE can assist me with my educational goals at FSU by providing a gateway to endless learning and a building block to my future ambitions. As a young African American women raised by separated parents from a third world country with less than a high school education, I know the struggles and hardship that run through my parents mind when it comes down to how they will pay for college let alone pay their mortgage or put food on the table for my siblings and I. With FSU's accreditation, numerous opportunities like CARE & Genesis, their wide selection of majors, and their overall history, there is no doubt in mind why I would not choose this extraordinary school.

The CARE Program can help me afford an education at FSU. With a struggling economy and college tuition on the rise, while having both parents never stepping foot in college and working hard with little pay to make ends meet makes me that much motivated to pursue a higher education. Whether I have to fill out every man-known scholarship there is, earn grants, or take out loans, I plan to make ends meet just to chase my dreams.

Author Stephen Richards said in his book Think Your way to Success: Let Your Dreams Run Free, "Success will be within your reach only when you start reaching out for it." This opportunity will assist me on my journey to success not only for me, but for my family and community. My success will help me support my parents financially, stand as an inspirational element for my younger brother to work hard and never give up his dreams, and also allow me to give back to the community in which I was raised in as well as the FSU community that aid my success and dreams.

When I think of FSU's CARE Summer Bridge Program, I think of a place where I can Connect with peers; Appreciate this life changing opportunity; gain Readiness; and last but least a place where Education takes part in my everyday life on campus whether in the classroom, the dorm room, the surrounding community, and the overall experience at this accredited University. Stephen Richards quoted "No matter how small you start, always dream big." Through these challenges in life, I have learned that they only build who I am today and allow me to find solutions to life dilemmas and continue to dream for a brighter future. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Home / Undergraduate / Gain readiness/Brighter future- CARE SBP/ Educational goals