My gap year essay - Pandemic, work, struggles and social service.

The_Adam 1 / -  

My gap year

In Morocco, the Baccalaureate is the most revered form of distinction, an emblematic yearly event, and a guaranteed way to convince my mom to buy me my first piano. Such honorable titles made that year even more challenging as it coincided with the Covid-19 outbreak.

The 12-years long movie of my peers and I came to an unforeseen ending. A plot twist interrupted me, and everyone else, from making decisions I wouldn't regret for the rest of my life. I took my finals in the midst of an expected summer vacation, late July, and earned my long-awaited baccalaureate with the highest honors, in addition to the piano.

As I reflected on this incredible year, I decided to take a moment for myself and explore the rich person I hold.

First, I swayed from my main domain, Physics, and unfolded a new world through online courses: economics. An intricate yet fascinating science that justifies all relations between the piling events, and, by understanding them, can help make better decisions leading to a happier life. I have also invested my time in making music and expanding my skill set. I found time to sleep, play sports, read more, and, most importantly, joined an association where I unleashed the social energy that had been confined during the lockdown.

My gap year was filled with exhilarating experiences, that Adam writing this essay will always be thankful for. A disfavored adventure in my country allowed me to discover where and who I am, as I pave the next chapter of my life without regrets.
The essay is very wordy and definitely set out to impress. . The problem is, beyond bragging eights, you have not justified any personal development, evidence of effective self-learning, or actual social service. Try to be personal interms of discussion. Focus on proving your development within the lock-down bubble. Talk a bit about how the lock down affected you and how you dealt with it. Indicate how the piano and enhancing those skills helped you mentally release from stress. The same for the community service. Right now. you are holding information back, creating an empty discussion.The reviewer does not gain substantial information from this presentation. Share what you are comfortable sharing about your gap year experience.

Home / Undergraduate / My gap year essay - Pandemic, work, struggles and social service.