At Georgia Tech, I aspire to engage in Hack GT and captivate my passion for computer science.

gzu2018 2 / 3  
Georgia Tech undergraduate admissions short answer #1

Hey guys could you look at my short answer and see if anything is wrong with it; Is the grammar correct and is it on topic and concise?

Beyond rankings, location, and athletics, why are you interested in attending Georgia Tech? (max 150 words)

why Georgia Tech question

I do not consider myself as an overly social individual. Most of my time goes into academics but I do try to find a proper balance between working and playing. The student life at Georgia Tech focuses primarily on education, which combined with its moderate social setting, makes it my ideal environment. At Georgia Tech, I aspire to engage in Hack GT, hosting and competing in its competitions, and captivate my passion for computer science. Additionally, I find traveling thrilling because I can enrich myself in diverse cultures. Georgia Tech's global internship program provides an avenue for me to travel abroad and gain insight into valuable international experiences and global networking opportunities. Lastly, Georgia Tech has one of the strongest alumni congregations in the country. I plan to utilize it after I graduate for its networking and career tools.
pier 11 / 37 9  
Hello Guangze. the opening sentence has a negative impression. If you are socially normal, concentrate on the positive side. Express how GT balanced program made you interested. Find specific examples of people who attend there and retell their stories compare to other universities.

When you say you have a passion for computer science, specify it in an academic way that is information/communication security or cryptography. Name their labs in these areas as you did for Hack GT.

Hope these are helpful.
Zu, due to the 150 word maximum on the statement, you will not be able to be as specific as you wish in this response. However, that does not mean that you should turn in a confusing and wordy statement either. Your response can easily be edited to less than 150 words covering only the most important aspects that you wish to identify as the reasons you chose to attend Georgia Tech. Just take sentence numbers 2, 3,5, and 6 in order to create a more focused and informative response to the statement question. You need not identify your personality traits of other aspects of GA that are more inclined to describe who you are in this instance because you are being asked to discuss only the university in this prompt. Focusing directly on the reasons means an easy read for the reviewer, who needs you to just deliver the pertinent response in the quickest possible way. That is how these short response essays are written. You do not need to be too specific, just informative.
OP gzu2018 2 / 3  

Is this response better? I have removed the descriptive parts about my personality and instead focused more on the aspects of GTech.

The student life at Georgia Tech focuses primarily on education, which combined with its moderate social setting, makes it my ideal academic environment. The professors are passionate about their subjects and, most notably, I intend to enroll in Professor Roger's class for his CS 1371 lectures. The two organizations that interest me the most in the College of Computing are ESE and Grey Hat because of my curiosity in information security and game design. Georgia Tech's global internship program provides an avenue for me to travel abroad and gain insight into valuable international experiences and global networking opportunities. The alumni association at Georgia Tech is one of the strongest in the country and I plan to utilize it ...

Home / Undergraduate / At Georgia Tech, I aspire to engage in Hack GT and captivate my passion for computer science.