GEORGIA TECH World-Class resources, professors, and peers have attributed to my computing experience

prismatiiic 3 / 4  
Topic:

Why do you want to study your chosen major at Georgia Tech

,
and how do you think Georgia Tech will prepare you to pursue opportunities in that field after graduation? (max 250 words)

Hi, I'm applying to Georgia Tech and with the deadline fast approaching I'd like some insight on this essay. I'm very appreciative to all that help. Thank you!

"World-Class resources, professors, and peers have attributed to my remarkable computing experience at Tech"

Reading that text from Omega meant one of two possibilities, either he was stretching the truth to mess with me, or he was truly enjoying his time as a computer science major at Georgia Tech. No matter the answer, Omega had piqued my interest, and immediately I resolved to become a Yellow Jacket.

Studying computer science in the College of Computing not only allows me to study data security, mobile computing, and become familiar with programming languages through the "Information Internetworks" thread, but also gain the abilities to write simple tools based on lexer/parser technology, gain knowledge in programming Abstractions/Paradigms and take the elective course "CS Special Topics Design of Gaming Consoles" - what can I say, I'm a gamer - through the Systems and Architecture thread. Through this weaving of threads, I can broaden my system knowledge of web technologies.

Through study abroad programs such as Japan's Tokyo Tech Exchange Program and South Korea's KAIST Daejeon Exchange program, Georgia Tech grants me the ability to pursue opportunities not only in America, but internationally as well. With Atlanta becoming a hotspot for startups, groups such as Create-X exposes me to the world of entrepreneurship, and gears me towards creating products using the knowledge I've acquired as a Comp. Sci. major at Georgia Tech. I plan to utilize every opportunity given to me and represent Georgia Tech as a proud Yellow Jacket.
Rodney, you can lose the quote at the start of the essay and the comment from Omega. It doesn't help move your essay forward because (a.) the quote is telling the reviewer something he is all too familiar with regarding the university and (b.) he has no idea who Omega is so he doesn't care for his opinion about the university, even if it is a positive reference to the university. Hence, the reviewer could care less about this opinion and your interaction with this person.

Your essay picks up an interesting representation of your interest in the university within the last 2 paragraphs of the current essay. These are excellent references to reasons why you want to study your major at this university. You show that you have done your research and you are highly familiar with the student training and enhancement opportunities at the university that can help you pursue the perfect career for yourself upon graduation.

Now, without the first paragraph, your essay will come in at 192 words. With a 250 maximum presentation, the minimum word count is around 125 words. Your presentation, without editing and simply the removal of the first paragraph will present the reviewer with a concise presentation response to the prompt. It will be in the perfect format to assure you that the reviewer will finish reading your essay and that he will have a clear understanding of your reasons for choosing this university.
OP prismatiiic 3 / 4  
Alright, thank you very much for looking at my essay.

Home / Undergraduate / GEORGIA TECH World-Class resources, professors, and peers have attributed to my computing experience