'getting a distinction in both courses' - Meliora

aram3 2 / 5  
PROMPT :
Meliora: 'Ever better' - The University's motto, Meliora, directs our focus toward continual improvement through research, understanding, and collaborative efforts. Offer an example from your personal experience of an obstacle you faced or a problem you identified. Describe the actions you took and the result(1000 characters with spaces)

Writing essays was never my favorite thing. As a student of science, my brain worked with numbers and equations rather than words. But having to write my CAPE exams, one of the compulsory topics were Caribbean and Communication studies. I felt lost at the start of the term wondering, how I was ever going to pass these examination on my own.

Being an organized person and unsure of these subjects, I needed to start early. I knew that it would be an uphill battle for with exams looming within a year, I made a plan. I had three older sisters and I scheduled their time too. I wrote essays using old test papers and let my sisters grade them. At first I was terrible but with practice, I improved. My biggest accomplishment was getting a distinction in both courses. I got so adept that I was able to write all my own college application essays without asking any of my sisters for help. To me, from being such a technical thinking individual to being more all rounded, was a great achievement.
ekreal 6 / 35  
I think it is great! Can't think of anything for you to change or rewrite :)
TopEffort 4 / 9  
thank you for reading mine

I had three older sisters, and I scheduled their time too.

Wow good job!! I like how you should your process of maturing in this essay. Only thing left to do is turn it in ^_^
Ravenclaw_roar 4 / 38  
Hey I think that it's great! It shows how hardworking and disciplined you are! The grammar seems fine, I think that you can turn it in already. Good Luck!

Please help with my Mount Holyoke supplement! Thanks!
ariawashere 2 / 5  
Writing essays was never my favorite thing

Maybe "forte" instead of "favorite thing"?
aripeters17 4 / 10  
To me, from being such a technical thinking individual to being more all rounded, was a great achievement.

For me, changing from being a such a technical thinking individual to being more well-rounded was a great achievement."

I knew that it would be an uphill battle for with exams looming within a year, I made a plan.

"I knew it would be an uphill battle with exams looming within a year, so I made a plan."

I felt lost at the start of the term wondering, how I was ever going to pass these examination on my own.

Change to "I felt lost at the start of the term, wondering how I was ever going to pass these examinations on my own."

Other than that, good job!!

Home / Undergraduate / 'getting a distinction in both courses' - Meliora