'Girl Scout meetings' - Extracurricular Activity Essay - Common AP (Girl Scouts)

reidabook 6 / 19  
In second grade like most other girls in my class I donned my Brownie uniform and went to Girl Scout meetings once a week. Ten years later I am still with my troop, and in November of 2010 became a recipient of the Girl Scout Gold Award, an honor only bestowed upon 6% of all Girl Scouts. The lessons I have learned about generosity and community service inspired me to work with a local charity called Kids Connections Inc. which provides tutoring for kids struggling to keep pace in their classes. The students were encouraged to read as part of the tutoring, but were not allowed to take the books home because the staff could not keep track of them. As a voracious reader myself, I created an organizational system for the library, expanded it with a list of books requested by the students, and implemented an automation system so that the books could be checked out and returned like a public library. I also made each child their own library card and helped furnish the reading room.

991/1000 characters

Thank you!
ShamefulAunt 1 / 2  
Overall it is great. I didn't find anything that needed to be changed. Congrats on the award.
DMA17 8 / 31  
I like the essay and the concept behind it, the only thing I'd say is that at the end it felt more like you were telling the reader what you did, when you could have probably summarized it and save on space and let it be clear that your generosity led you to take initiative

Home / Undergraduate / 'Girl Scout meetings' - Extracurricular Activity Essay - Common AP (Girl Scouts)