"It's a girl" - Tell about yourself (University of California)

mstweetybird901 1 / -  
She was carried out of a local hospital and taken home by her grandmother, who has practically been a mother to her for fifteen years and counting. Her parents made it clear that she would be brought into a family of God, love, care, and support, no matter what the situation would be. They were right. From the time the doctor announced, "It's a girl", her loved ones knew they had a job on their hands. For the most part, her mother and father had always had stable jobs, and provided her with whatever she needed. At no cost was she supported throughout her childhood. She has 1 older brother and 3 younger that look up to her now. By her being the only girl, she was brought up with protection. She has continuously been a loving sister to each of them. However, while growing up in different households made things weird between all four of them. It affected her in a massive way. She only drew herself closer to the family members she saw most. That being her dad, grandparents, and older aunt she lived in her home with.

She insisted that she go to school where she felt she would have a better life at. Fortunately, she was living for her future, in which other people just could not see that until today. Her parents are realizing what kind of young lady she has so quickly become. She is wiser and more responsible than she has ever been. Above all things, she admires her education first. She has countless goals she wants to achieve in her near future. Her main focus at this moment is graduating high school. Then, she plans to attend and graduate at either University of Tennessee at Knoxville or Chattanooga, earning her BSN (Bachelor's in Science). It all depends on which holds a better nursing program. As well as going to medical school for another four years and receiving her license and credentials to become a RN (Registered Nurse).

Her hobbies are playing volleyball and writing poems. She has been in a creative writing class going on four years, and has taken up volleyball her junior year in high school. With her being so outgoing, it has been easy to attain the things she love doing because they allow her to express herself in several different ways. Nevertheless, she joined an amazing church home called Highpoint. It consistently keeps her involved and active in everything they have done. She loves taking advantage of the opportunity to care for people that are in need. Her grandmother taught her that it is not about how much you do, but what you do. This lead her to participating in unique community service projects sponsored. Furthermore, she was raised to obey the word of God. Therefore, as a member, with the student ministry, she felt obligated to help out single parent families, and feed the homeless every other Sunday. Having the accountability of doing something that she has a passion for is easy to live with because she knows that is where her blessings come from.

Although, she was not brought up by her birth mother as much, great results have still revealed themselves. She is a strong-minded, confident individual that has high standards for herself. Her grandmother has always did her best to instill what is right in her. She feels that life is not easy and has to be taken one day at a time. Without hardship there is no life to get through. She knows that the road ahead will not be easy for her, but she cannot stop here. She is dedicated and willing to keep moving in order to reach her goals. Her success lies in the palm of her hands.
chxz1020 5 / 14  
I think in this essay,the universiity wants to know who you really are,your most amazing character.You stressed your family influence,your life and your hobbies.However,in the words limitations,you only described these in general.But university wants to see more details.I suggest you choose one aspect from the 3 topics above and use specific examples to fully explain one.

Home / Undergraduate / "It's a girl" - Tell about yourself (University of California)