Given funding for a small engineering project UVA essay.

spachelord 1 / 5 1  
Hello guys, I want some help for my essay with the topic in the title. Any suggestions are considered helpful. requirements are around 250 words. (I'm at like 160 something so I could write more)

Imagine this: your parents are busy doing work, and not having a single free minute. You, a high school student, already busy with much coursework, must fulfill the role of housework and chores, including preparing meals. Yet it could be better. If I was given funding for a small engineering project, I would make a machine that could chop and wash the food that I will cook and my family will eat. Not only would programming this machine give me more experience, it would help my family. A machine could be more precise and efficient than a normal person like myself. In addition to this, this project could provide a fundamental base for future projects. If I succeed in this, I would not only make it easier for myself to prepare meals, I would also have a small step of success inspiring me to go further for bigger engineering projects--perhaps I can even develop it further into more automated processes in the kitchen.
mia_amare 2 / 4  
It asked that it must fulfill the role of a housework and chores, including preparing meals but you only stated a machine that could help wash and chop food. I would be little more clear on the topic and addressing the issue as an high school student. How would programming this machine gives you more experience?? and how would it help your family. Be little more depth. I am sure you can explain more precisely.
TJLuschen - / 241 203  
Hi, how specific and realistic is this proposal supposed to be? Is this for an actual engineering course, or maybe a technical writing course? Your writing is quite good, but this proposal is not very convincing to me. I assume the intended audience would be members of the company that is to sponsor the project or maybe a committee assigned to pick one project to fund. Given that, this proposal seems much too vague. What kind of machine are you talking about? I mean they already have many different types of food processors on the market, and I suppose you could modify a dishwasher to have it wash fruits and vegetables. How would your machine be different? Personally, I think this might be too ambitious a proposal for a "small engineering project". I have read that in the fast food industry, soon the ordering and payments will be completely automated, but it will be years and years before the preparing and cooking steps can possibly be automated as they are actually very difficult and complicated for machines to do. Personally, if I was going to decide whether to invest in your project, I would need a lot more detail about what exactly you plan to build and what steps you will take to complete it.
OP spachelord 1 / 5 1  
I am not entirely sure how realistic it must be, it merely says that it is for the "School of Engineering and Applied Sciences ". I suppose it must be someway more or less practical for daily life uses, however, I'm not certain how I would make it more realistic....
SV kumar 1 / 5  
What I feel; you can conclude in a better way like how it will be beneficial to enhance your productivity.

Home / Undergraduate / Given funding for a small engineering project UVA essay.