GKS Personal Statement for Undergraduate (Software Engineering)

aevliz 1 / 1  

"Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action."

~ A.P.G. Abdul Kalam

An 18 year old girl, 2nd child of the family, who took father as her role model because her father was the back bone of his family at hard times and want to make him proud and want to do the same for him.

When I was a kid, I had no friends because I was the only kid my age in my neighborhood at that time. My sister always had friends. I was left alone. I was an introvert who used to hide behind my sister because I was scared to talk. But as the years passed by, when I started my schooling, I started making friends. I changed my mind set and became a social person after I came to conclusion that I was the one who made me an introvert. Now I can say I have made more friends than my sister. My childhood doesn't have a story to tell. I was always in my four-corner room with my computer aside. At that time, Computer was like a friend to me because I didn't had any friends.

My interest in computer science began as a teenager, when I became interested in programming after becoming fascinated by the world of computers. Having developed a keen eye for emerging technologies around me ever since I was a child, I was especially intrigued by Artificial Intelligence, which has quickly become an essential component of all technology around us. The idea that a robot can learn and imitate human actions is an incredible phenomenon that has the potential to transform our lives. I've always been fascinated by the science of computers and information systems. So I took Computer Science as my main subject in Class 11 because I wanted to learn about programming more in detail. I want to be a programmer and design new development protocols to contribute to this field. That is why I want to choose Software Engineering as my Master's Degree.

I consider myself a potential student and I love to discover new things. I am such a curious person and my curiosities are the ones that lead me to my dream.

Extracurricular and Social Activities: My major interests and passions are coding and music. I was also an athlete and won and participated up to the state level, but I didn't get to participate in the last two years due to COVID-19. I love to try and discover everything around me. I engage wholeheartedly in all these areas, both in my school courses and out of school, and I hope that I will be able to continue doing so on my chosen course and in the extra-curricular opportunities at my university. I was the Vice President of the Multiple 318 Leo Club in the years 2021-22, which is a youth social service organisation sponsored by Lions Club International, and I am still active in the organisation. I took part in many social activities and donations like COVID RELIEF, medicine for the needy, etc. I can say I got my leadership qualities from this organization.

Why South Korea? South Korea has become an increasingly appealing destination for students from all across the world. The reasons are obvious. Korea is one of the few countries that can provide you with a quality education with a rich cultural experience and a vibrant student life! I was introduced to South Korea by Korean dramas 5 years back. I was amazed by their culture and similarities with India. The place felt like a second home country. Since I was planning to study abroad after my higher studies, I started researching about South Korea's education system raking and came to my surprise that Korea is in Top 20 all over the world. I started researching about my major and that's how I came to know about the GKS Scholarship. GKS scholarship program allows students from around the world to study in South Korea.

GKS Scholarship GKS scholarship is one of the best scholarships any student can dream of. When I researched about the scholarship I was amazed by the offers given by GKS. South Korea is an expensive country comparing with India I thought that I would not be able to study there but GKS scholarship gave me the path to dream.

I am a person who is on a path to finding happiness, and the happiness of mine is to fly somewhere alone and study my favourite major and working harder. And I am sure that I will do my very best if I get selected for this scholarship. Thank You
There is a problem with the way this prompt is set up. The title indicates that the applicant is seeking admissions as an undergraduate student. However, he presents himself as a masters degree applicant in the actual presentation. This creates a problem for me as a reviewer as the GKS-U and GKS-M application prompts have different focuses and prompt reqiuirements. As such I cannot review the essay based on either prompt considerations.

While the information provided is good, I cannot see how it will apply to the actual application without being certain of what course the person is actually applying to. The writer should correct that reference error first, so that I can create a proper review for this outline of ideas.

This is not an essay in the GKS format for either application. It does not consider the correct prompt requirements for either application. The outline is only going to be useful and editable if the writer clearly understands what course he is actually applying for. I cannot help the applicant at this point.
OP aevliz 1 / 1  
sorry i will correct it. i got confused with words. thank you for your correction

Home / Undergraduate / GKS Personal Statement for Undergraduate (Software Engineering)