FSU - Global Awareness is the big picture

HAHAME 1 / -  
Hey there, please read this and make any corrections you see! I tried my hardest put forth my emotions and knowledge on global awareness. I really want to make sure before I send this off it is as good as it can get, thank you!

Prompt:
Florida State University is more than just a world-class academic institution preparing you for a future career. We are a caring community of well-rounded individuals who embrace leadership, learning, service, and global awareness. With this in mind, which of these characteristics appeal most to you, and why? (must be 500 words or less)

Essay:
To embrace leadership, learning, service, and global awareness all together would be an unbelievable experience, but of them all global awareness appeals to me the most. Global awareness is the big picture, the part of the University that branches out to many other countries, cultures, religions, and so forth. I enjoy sleeping with my eyes close, and to keep that a privilege global awareness is the key to the knowledge of the multiple happenings that can take my sleep away. For example, with global awareness I am never blind to the fact there are many who want to start war with the United States and how those people act towards this nation.

My love for all the countries is as wide as the world stretched, though I have not yet visited outside my own nation, how could I have developed this love if not for global awareness? Global awareness gives an insight on country's diversity of the people and cultures. An old Tao proverb stated, "To be free of the disease, one must be sick of the disease." The meaning behind these words is having the knowledge about everything on a specific subject regardless of prior education. I am open to digging deeper into the 'disease' to gain my freedom from it. Traveling is first on my to-do list and if given the opportunity of joining the Florida State community I would soak in others teaching, then contribute my own experiences to global awareness; giving back to the community.

At a young age I became an observer of human interactions and relationships. I considered myself the student who got involved in different activities, such as drama club, cheerleading, chorus, Japanese club, and more to know what was happening behind these scenes besides seeing what was on stage, or what everyone else saw. I was always ready to pounce on the chance to help a person that needed advice on communication between them and another person. In a matter of time the two would come to an agreement on understanding the differences between them. The life skills from observing serve well in action and that is part of global awareness. Through global awareness I can see past mere physical appearances that can categorize them, instead I see their culture, culture behaviors, and who they may be on the inside. They could be similar to me, allowing myself to create alertness of who they are. Even if the entire world contains individuals in the making, it is all one. Global awareness shares this important information through being that work at school, in politics, on the environment, and in social media. I as a well-rounded individual part of one universe will put forth my all in the community at Florida State University.
GokuKetchum 3 / 18  
semicolon instead of a comma for in the opening sentence. Stopped reading after that lol

Home / Undergraduate / FSU - Global Awareness is the big picture