"My goal is to simply be successful" - Flagler Essay

gotbrandiii 1 / -  
The College requires an essay, and considers it a vital component in the selection of students. Tell us something about your past experiences, present and future goals and how Flagler College fits into these goals. Be sure to stay on topic and write a carefully considered, grammatically correct essay.

My future goal is to simply be successful. Successful to the point where failure is no where near. I strive to do my best, at everything. Through moving, theatre, and love I have found that everything happens for a reason and every situation I am put through has an impact on my goals. Experiences such as moving to different cities through the years of school, leaving people who I got close to, just ripped away. Seems bad, but really the new people I met in my new location shaped my life in a better way. Theatre is my true passion. Being on the stage since the age of four, as shaped the person I am today. I am passionate about my art, and again strive to be the best I can be at it. The unconditional love that I have for everything, such as my family, friends, and school itself is quite proven. Proven is way that I spend as much time as I can with my family, friends have trusted a lot in to me, and I am an officer for three clubs at my high school.

Flagler has the potential to be the right fit college for me to help me succeed within my huge goal of being successful. I see myself advancing in classes and feeling very comfortable at the campus. Success only comes with a good spirit and excellent education, in which I feel that Flagler College can provide me with both qualities.
n_tina59 4 / 9  
hi arnold,

i think it is better to write
i like to be successful, this is my goal in a future.

i found that everything and every situation will be happened for reason.
:)
mea505 - / 265  
Hi Arnold!

I think that you are on the right track with respect to your essay to Flagler College (I am assuming that this is the Flagler College located in St. Augustine, Florida?). But, I think that you fail to provide specific times in your life that tend to show us (and them) that you are planning to succeed based on a specific situation that occurred in your life. Does this make sense to you?

I think that the college wants you to write a very specific essay that will show them and tell them that you are indeed serious about attending Flagler College and why you are so determined in doing so. You will need to draw on any such specific situations in your life that have steered you towards that college as opposed to, for example, some of the other colleges. Is Flagler College noted for its theatre study? If so, what happened in your life that makes you want to attend this college's theatre? Do you understand what I am trying to say? Be extremely specific in your writing. In your essay, thus far, you are being too generalized. They do not want that; they want you to be very specific.

--Mark :)
carlynnross 4 / 7  
You should state the steps you plan to take in order to reach this success, and how do you define successful? Success is all up to interpretation and you need to be clear when you will know you have succeeded. As Mark said, give examples, tell about a time that you felt a feeling of success and how that experience will help you throughout college and life
My future goal is to simply be successful. Successful to the point where failure is no where near.

Well... failure is always near.

It would be good to write an essay about what it means for you to be successful, but the way you use the term it is without meaning. If you had plenty of money but no work in theater, would that be successful?

I have to say, I think it is better to omit all the stuff about wanting to be successful and take an approach that uses language to masterfully convey your profound insights, your realizations about what it means to be successful (i.e. instead of depending on the word "successful" to convey your meaning)

Home / Undergraduate / "My goal is to simply be successful" - Flagler Essay