God and Evil - Common App Essay

jonjojonjo 4 / 9  
DEADLINE IS COMING! PLEASE HELP ME TO GET IT READY.

In fiction, evil and god do not coexist, however, in my life, they do. It doesn't mean I'm either blessed or damned; basically they're my parents. What makes them so different is their way of seeing life, tendency of food, and expression of showing faith.

My father is the product of Mongolian socialist period, having all traits of people of that era. He spent his childhood like his peers: swimming in the river, fist-fighting with kids, not attending his classes, fishing on the river, and trying out reckless things. Since he was the youngest child of the family, there were no obstacles on his way of doing intriguing things. His idol, Bruce Lee, led him to so many fights, in keeping with that he made so many friends.

My mother was born in the capital of ***here country***, ***city***, four-years later than my father was. Because of her strict parents, she was brought up as an industrious and conscientious. Her dream, becoming a doctor, was pitifully devastated on the edge of coming true by only two points. I admire her compassionateness; one day, while we were walking, she helped out an old man to cross the road and was asked to give a little money. She gave some money with no hesitation.

I and my little sister used to heckle our parents with curiosity about their first day ever met. Probably what makes god and evil love each other is top secret. But it's substantial matter of life eventually. The law I discovered, while riding a bus, is that if there is an existence, opposite one of it will always exist. It works on everything: In tightrope walking, unless walker equalizes his or her body balance or doesn't skew to one side, he or she fails or even dies. Also natural human body inherits: left eye with right eye, left kidney with right kidney, and right nose-hole with left nose-hole. Now remember your favorite joke! Jokes, having endings that signify opposite of response coming from your conscience, will make you laugh.

What makes a family perfect is to fill each other's emptiness with ones they have. My mother has been struggling to suppress dad's alcoholism for 18 years, trying all possible ways out to make our family happier: from compromising to buying an amulet which helps to be away from inducement of alcoholics. Both of them are showing great persistence, isn't it? In the end, I've learned humanity, steadiness, and fortitude only from their play on the stage named "life". I appreciate life, when my mom and dad come home, holding a little leaf of bread and having a funny conversation with warm smiles on their faces. Right now, I'm writing this, while drinking my milk which is prepared by mom's secret ingredients. But I know that secret; it is literally called "Love".
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
Jonjo

I think that you need to redo this essay as it literally has nothing about you. & that's the point of the common app.

You could use what you have, but maybe show what your parents taught you etc.

Hope this helps! Could you take a look at my essay. Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / God and Evil - Common App Essay