Oh my god! We did? ; STANFORD Supp - Writing a letter to your future roommate

MiaB 8 / 25  
Hello everyone ;

Here's my "letter to a future roommate" that Stanfors asked us to write. Please point out any wordiness, grammar or punctuation mistakes.

and, does it sound weird to read ? (I just get the strong feeling it does).
Oh, and, I exceed the 2000-characters limit ! I would appreciate any advise on what part to cut .. Thanks a lot !

Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate - and us - know you better

Dear roommate,
If you're reading this, then it's probably because you and I got in.
Oh my god! We did? How awesome is that? I'm already dreaming of driving along the Palm Drive to enter the gorgeous campus where the red S-flag prestigiously embraces the wind's subtle dance steps.

I can't wait to finally live that dream, and end up meeting you! I've been thinking a lot about you; picturing you each time in a different way. I am pretty curious about how you might look, how you might think, and at which level we're going to be partners in crime. Did I mention "crime"? Don't worry about it; I'm just kidding. I've probably read too many crime fictions.

Oh, by the way, I read a lot of books. Every time I read a new one, it becomes my favorite: I might talk about it for hours. If I don't make myself any other friends, I guess you will have to put up with the torture. Actually, it doesn't only apply to books: I can become really talkative about almost anything that enthralls me -including a tasty cappuccino! I even happen to speak in my sleep! No one has every succeeded in deciphering a single word from what I say, but who says: maybe you'll become the first thought-said-asleep-decoder? You would discover interesting secrets.

Also, when it comes to movies, music, or books, I appreciate pretty much everything. Indeed, I can listen to Mozart and right after, to Gangnam Style. This means there will be common things we both are passionate about: I can't wait for us to have blazing conversations on them.

On pretty weird thing you might want to know about me is that every time I get sad, I start singing as listening to sad songs; which makes me even more sad, especially when I realize how bad my voice sounds. I, thus, really can't sing. But, that never stopped me from hitting high notes under the shower. Don't worry; I'll bring earplugs to avoid any eardrum wound.

Have I mentioned that I sometimes forget to drink water, during entire days? And, I only realize that when my rib starts hurting. Does it make me an alien? Maybe. Plus, I like to eat desert before the dish and end it all with salad.

Anyway, I can't wait for us to start our conquest of the World, at Stanford. If you happen to face any technical problem, in your path to excellence; I'll be there to help ... when I finish reading Fred Vargas' last novel.

On D-Day, if you see a tall brunette wearing really flashy colors, then it's probably me!
Looking forward to meet you,
Best,
Meryem.
linting2012 10 / 78 18  
Its a really good essay, it shows the admission officer who you really are. Besides that it also shows that you are a very passionate person. I think the admission officers will love your essay.

BTW can you please check my MIT pleasure essay?
br2pi5 10 / 70  
I love your essay. You come off as a very likable, witty, quirky, funny person. I want to be best friends with you haha. Your essay will make the admission officers chuckle, I'm sure :) Good luck!

If you have a moment, could you please read my common app essay? It would mean a lot! Thank you!

Home / Undergraduate / Oh my god! We did? ; STANFORD Supp - Writing a letter to your future roommate