"God wanted to do something greater with my life"

hellolove18 1 / -  
This situation has the potential to either tear me down, or be the defining moment of my life. This is my fatal decision. I've known God for all my life. As I got older I made sure that living for God wouldn't just be something I did when it was convenient, but that it would be a constant lifestyle. I was convinced that nothing would separate me from His unfailing love. I knew for a long time that God wanted to do something greater with my life. He has a divine purpose for me. As He does for everyone on this planet. Nevertheless, I was scared that I would never be able to measure up to what God wanted for my life. In actuality He knows we're human. We constantly fall short. It's inevitable, but He's right there to pick us up when we fall. It's up to me to grab a hold of His outstretched hand. At the same time if I don't move at all nothing will ever change. I could achieve things I once thought to be impossible. If and only if I let go of my doubt, and completely trust Him alone. A year ago a friend and I became really close, and I began to lose sight of everything God had planned for me. In result I put my ambitions on hold. I stuck by his side through thick and thin. Even when it wasn't necessarily for my benefit. I believe that I have reached my limit. Now it's time for the both of us to let go. I realized recently that I need to grab onto Gods hand and let him guide me through situations I can't figure on my own. Although I'm afraid of loosing a friend. I will gain a closer friendship with Jesus Christ in the end. I'm ready to take off to new heights in my life. It may cost some things to follow Jesus, but it will cost more not to. I have to go with my gut, and do what I believe is best for myself. If I do my part I strongly believe God will follow through and do His. If God was just a man in a book, with no significance to me. I don't think I would be able to make fatal decisions for myself like I am at this moment. One of my favorite verses in the bible says, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen." Right now I have no evidence on how things may turn out. It's my faith that will carry me through every obstacle life may throw my way. God told us in His word that He came so that we might have life, and have it more abundantly. I don't have settle for anything less. Letting go is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm grabbing onto God unchanging hand. without any hesitations. The worst of me will succeed by the best of Him. "So do not fear, for I am with you;

do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
ecordo5 4 / 29  
It would help a little more if you provided the prompt or question you are answering. But i'll try to change the grammatical errors I noticed.

This situation has the potential to either tear me down or be the defining moment of my life. This is my fatal decision. I've known God for all my life. As I got older, I made sure that living for God wouldn't just be something I did when it was convenient; that it would be a constant lifestyle. I was convinced that nothing could separate me from His unfailing love. I knew for a long time that God wanted to do something greater within my life. That He had a divine purpose for me. As He does for everyone on this planet. Nevertheless, I was scared that I would never be able to measure up to what God wanted in my life. In actuality, He knows we're human. We constantly fall short. It's inevitable, but He's right there to pick us up when we fall. It's up to me to grab a hold of His outstretched hand. At the same time, if I don't move at all, nothing will ever change. I could achieve things I once thought to be impossible. If and only if I let go of all of my doubt and completely trust Him. A year ago, I became really close to a friend and I began to lose sight of everything God had planned for me. As a result, I put my ambitions on hold. I stuck by my friend's side through thick and thin. Even when it wasn't necessarily for my benefit. I believe that I have reached my limit. Now it's time for the both of us to let go. I realized recently that I need to grab onto God's hand and let Him guide me through situations I can't figure on my own. Although I'm afraid of losing a friend, I will gain a closer friendship with Jesus Christ in the end. I'm ready to take off to new heights in my life. It may cost some things to follow Jesus, but it will cost more not to. I have to go with my gut, and do what I believe is best for myself. If I do my part I strongly believe God will follow through and do His. If God was just a man in a book, with no significance to me. I don't think I would be able to make fatal decisions for myself like I am at this moment. One of my favorite verses in the bible says, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen." Right now I have no evidence on how things may turn out. It's my faith that will carry me through every obstacle life may throw my way. God told us in His word that He came so that we might have life, and have it more abundantly. I don't have settle for anything less. Letting go is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm grabbing onto God unchanging hand. without any hesitations. The worst of me will succeed by the best of Him. "So do not fear, for I am with you;

It was good. However, I didn't get a strong enough message. What is the point of all this? I hope you can critique my essay!
Hi Irene and Emanuel, thanks for making this a great thread!
I think paragraphs should be used in this essay!! :-)

Consider possibly starting the second paragraph here:
At the same time if I don't move at all nothing will ...

... to grab onto God's hand and let him guide me through situations I can't figure on my own. Although I'm afraid of loosing losing a friend, I will gain a closer friendship with Jesus Christ in the end. --- depends on why you are ditching your friend. Jesus hung out with all the sinners, so it's hard to use Jesus to justify giving up on someone.

If God was just a man in a book, with no significance to me. ---This sentence is not complete.

I don't think I would be able to make fatal decisions for myself like I am at this moment. ---I don't think you are using the correct word. Fatal means you get killed.

One of my favorite verses in the bible Bible says, "Faith is the...

...onto God's unchanging hand without any...

Sounds like a plan! :-)

Home / Undergraduate / "God wanted to do something greater with my life"