"A good match for all of me" (Why Stanford)

Adventuress 4 / 7  
Prompt: Tell us what makes Stanford a good place for you. (1800 characters)
Any kind of feedback welcome - esp. about whether this is too melodramatic/sounds like it could go for any college! (the stuff is true, but it seems like it may be a little overdone to me)

As someone who is interested in a ridiculous number of things, I have had a rather difficult time locating a college that would be right for me. I have many passions, and any of them could become majors. My goal throughout my college search has thus been to find an institution with equally ample opportunities in all of the options I may choose.

Now, this was quite a daunting task, and...

After edits:

I have been a very curious person for as long as I can remember, and my interests - and therefore potential academic paths - are many. However, one of the fields I am most seriously considering is psychology. Stanford, the home of one of the world's top psychology programs, is a superior place for me to pursue this path. Many of psychology's most influential breakthrough discoveries were made right within Stanford's walls, and studying psychology in a place with such a rich history in the field would be an unparalleled experience. I would be exalted to learn from renowned professors - such as Phillip Zimbardo or Albert Bandura - whose experiments I read about in my first psychology class. And of course, one of the foremost aspects of Stanford's psychology program that draws me is the opportunity for research. I will love to be able to not only become educated in the pressing theories of psychology today, but also have the chance to pose my own questions and answers. I believe that an education is only truly and fully successful if it enables its students to leave their own marks, and that is precisely what I hope to do at Stanford.

Regardless of what major I decide to aim for, my numerous other interests will likewise prosper at Stanford. I know my artistic side will not go unfed at Stanford, and my interest in environmental sciences - another of my potential majors - will be excellently served by programs such as the Stanford Environmental Portal.

My curiosity and plethora of interests are what make me - well, me. And although I am currently uncertain in my future, I am convinced that at Stanford University - with its exceptional academics, incomparable research possibilities, and wide array of extracurricular opportunities - I will be off to the perfect start.
1mPeRvI0uS 1 / 5  
try telling why you are a good match for stanford...saying stanford is good in this this and this it's not the idea...you need to write something unique...for ex if you write tufts or yale instead of stanford the essay would go...try finding a unique characteristic of yours that matches stanford!
essceejay216 4 / 51  
I think that you should learn more about Stanford as far as the things outside of academics. Why is it truly a good place for you? I can't tell from this essay. In reading this essay and reading what you describe as a "match" for you, I can see that there are hundreds of schools that would fit this criteria. You have a good start, but you're probably going to have to go a little harder for Stanford.

At Stanford, I will truly be free to follow any of my passions; and what's more, regardless of which of them I choose, I will always be surrounded by faculty and research opportunities that can be matched nowhere else.

-incorrect use of a semi-colon

Now, this was quite a daunting task, and one that began to seem more daunting still as I crossed out college after college on my list.

-find another word for "daunting"

Good Luck!
meytng 3 / 8  
Wow, i really like this. It's very relaxing and casual, which makes it unique. i don't see any errors, hahah but don't trust me, i am really bad at grammar. All i can say is i annoy reading this.
I have been a very curious person for as long as I can remember

It is good if you can avoid sentences that fall into the category of "I have always been." So many students write that they have enjoyed something since a young age. Even to say you have always been curious is a little too simple. Dazzle them with a, great, intriguing example.

My curiosity and plethora of interests are what make me - well, me. You have a cool writing style, but this kind of sentence is just too obvious. Even though you write in a great way, you are still not allowed to include truisms like this. :-)

Focus on showing examples, interesting examples of your particular outlook and curiosity... fill it with examples, like filling a nutty candy bar with nuts.

Home / Undergraduate / "A good match for all of me" (Why Stanford)