"I am the goofiest kid I know" - MIT Attribute Essay

debater514 6 / 18  
The attribute of my personality I am most proud of is that I am the goofiest kid I know. Why exactly am I proud of the fact that I am goofy? Well, it's because I am not just a goofy kid, I am the goofy kid. This has impacted my life in many ways. First, being goofy has allowed me to have many friends. This is most likely because I have a superpower: the ability to turn awkward into funny. I just don't allow awkward to happen, I just ignore it. Call me Mr. Not Awkward, or Captain Goofy. Second, being goofy has allowed me to do many things most kids who aren't goofy wouldn't. Like plan and lead the senior class prank (leadership position?), rap Eminem for the Senior Class Play audition, or do the "Johnny Bravo" and the "Grocery Store" instead of the "Dougie" (does that even exist?) or the "Solja Boy" Everyone knows "that guy" who for his class officer speech gets up and reads "Green Eggs and Ham", right? Well that guy is me, and frankly I could not be happier with any other reputation. Being known as a guy who will lift your spirits when you are down, lives life to the fullest, and is quite adept at face-palm humor is an honor. So you can just call me "that guy", or Captain Goofy works too.
littlechef 10 / 33  
Why exactly am I proud of the fact that I am goofy? --> omit this, the question is unnecessary

I like the idea of your response. However, I would suggest that you adopt a more formal tone, as this is an admissions essay...
sfw 4 / 9  
It's unclear why other people would wear what you wear because you are the goofy kid. Same with the New Mexico sweater example. Also, why would your reputation not affect the senior prank? Overall the "goofy kid" attribute is a great idea, just your support/reasoning isn't concise and organized.

Home / Undergraduate / "I am the goofiest kid I know" - MIT Attribute Essay