Governor's School of Engineering: Extracurricular Activity or Interest. "The Robo-T-Birds"

EpsilonDelta 2 / 2 1  
"Pass me a calzone." The aroma of the Italian take out coming from the design room was enticing. A freezing, snowbound winter day, I decided to impede my rant on how unresponsive the school's version of AutoCAD 2010 was and grab a slice of pizza. An array of diagrams, models, and equations were our table cloth, and our plates, wooden blocks cut out from the woodshop next door. It was nearly 6:00, school ended about 3 hours ago and for many of us, Math League 2 hours ago. It was our last day to work and with time draining, I was drastically contemplating drawing our design through old world cartooning; however, before I finished, a clamor came from the cramped 8'x10' test room and to our horror, our robot's arm had dismantled and was lying on the floor, a conglomeration of wires scattered around it.

Now, just what was I doing eating Italian food in a claustrophobic workshop? I was working on our robot for the 2011 FIRST Robotics Competition held annually by the science organization USFIRST - in which student teams of various sizes ranging from Brazil to Turkey and from five to over thirty across grades 9 through 12 pour their hearts and souls into an inbred mechanical wonder. We divided up the work, programming, building, designing, and commenced, meeting every day, after school and when necessary, the early weekend hours to discuss and collaborate. Truly, it was an experience like no other; we really were more than just a mere Robotics Team: we were the booth at Mahwah day, the advertisers for our sponsors - both local and corporate - and the 5:00 weekly regulars for the local Italian joint. For these reasons being a part of Team 1672 Robotics - "The Robo-T-Birds" - is my most meaning extracurricular.

Thank you all. Any help would be much appreciated.
mzontario 9 / 43  
Now, just what was I doing eating Italian food in a claustrophobic workshop?

Now, what was I doing eating Italian food in a claustrophobic workshop, you ask?

I enjoyed his narrative. : )

I was working on our robot for the 2011 FIRST Robotics Competition held annually by the science organization USFIRST - in which student teams of various sizes ranging from Brazil to Turkey and from five to over thirty across grades 9 through 12 pour their hearts and souls into an inbred mechanical wonder.

Grammar problem. Sizes don't range from Brazil to Turkey.

Try,

in which student teams of various sizes from Brazil to Turkey across Grades 9 through 12 poured their souls into an inbred mechanical wonder.

Home / Undergraduate / Governor's School of Engineering: Extracurricular Activity or Interest. "The Robo-T-Birds"