Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Until 10th grade in school, we had Social Studies classes where we learnt about the history

stressed12 1 / -  
Y is dedicated to empowering students to put new ideas into action and explore new horizons. Please tell us about a passion, talent, or interest you have and how you believe Y can help you explore it. (300 words)

Once a strict young adult fiction reader, I have now added political books to my collection as well. The ongoing socioeconomic, cultural and political crisis the world is going through has kindled my interest to understand different aspects of it vividly. I want to pursue International Relations for my undergraduate degree so that I can learn about the various facets of different countries and be able to comprehend it.

Until 10th grade in school, we had Social Studies classes where we learnt about the history, social life, culture and economy of different countries. I thoroughly enjoyed it because I was not only gaining a sense of the world classes but also developing critical thinking skills. I have always updated myself about different aspects of the world through books and media. However, due to lack of practical exposure, I have not been able to grasp the concepts well.

With the research that I have done, I have found out that Y is the appropriate institution for me to not only learn and get knowledge about the issues concerning the world but be able to pragmatically approach them. Its emphasis on activities beyond classroom is evident through the presence of numerous clubs concerning the subject I am interested in. Being part of clubs such as House of REPS, Middle East Club, Peace and World Consciousness House, Asian Student Association will help me interact with people I share mutual interest with. This will eventually let me gain perspectives from different people and be more open-minded.

Y's MUN and Debate club are such platforms that complement well with my drive to apply what I learn in class about socio-cultural and political issues. Therefore, I will be able to expand my knowledge about different issues and also develop communication skills and diplomacy along the way.

Please review my essay and help me determine whether it is good or not. Thanks

Home / Undergraduate / Until 10th grade in school, we had Social Studies classes where we learnt about the history