Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"to even graduate" - PROMPT #2 PERSONAL STATEMENT

BARBAKAREN 1 / -  
I am the first person in my family to even graduate from high school; when my father was not even aloud to finish middle school because of a selfish father, so the fact that I am even considering going to college is a big thing for everyone in my family. Especially my dad, a person I look up to and know that he would have give the world to have reached a higher level of education. As he is, I am also the first-born child of a Mexican family and the one that is here to set big expectations for my younger sisters to follow. Since I have two sisters that I know look up to me I have to realize that anything I do may later effect the way my sisters see me and the way they may later see themselves. The only way that this can happen is to demonstrate to them that anything can be done with the power of will. I am a person who will do just about anything to get what she wants when it comes to my well-being and education. I consider myself a very tenacious girl who will never give up on any of my goals that I have set for myself to accomplish. I have been on the track and field team for just about three years and I believe that this sport has helped mold myself into the person that I have set myself to be. I may not be the greatest runner out of the team, but that will never put me down because I know deep inside of me that once I step onto that track I am giving it my all to finish with an improvement in time because on the track I shouldn't worry about my opponents speed, instead I should be my own enemy and worry about myself because only I can strive myself to better myself in anyway possible. Running has also helped me build a great leadership, sense of competition, and has also showed me how I can do something I love without loosing interest in my studies something that I have always made my first priority. Even though, being stubborn may not be a good quality in anyone, I believe that by me being this way I will be able to accomplish all of my goals and aspirations. At the same time I would also want to give my father the great sense of accomplishment to know that he as a great father has pushed me to better myself and show the world that just because he wasn't able to accomplish his dreams doesn't mean that his first-born child won't be able to do so.

Home / Undergraduate / "to even graduate" - PROMPT #2 PERSONAL STATEMENT