"the great atmosphere of Boston and the university" - What do I hope to accomplish?

questioner03 3 / 4  
Essay #1: Given what you know about Boston University, what do you hope to accomplish as an undergraduate here? Please respond in an essay of no more than 500 words.

Boston is one of the world's largest seaports, bringing in culture, food and ideas from all over the world. Being in the midst of all of this is something that many people dream of. As an undergraduate in the heart of Boston, I will be able to explore the multitude of opportunities the world has to offer. Boston University offers me what I need focus my academic interests. Its College of Communication is a perfect opportunity for me to test if I will be able to take on the roles of a film director. "Writing the Television Pilot" caught my attention and I began to wonder, "How come pilots are never as appealing as the rest of the season?" Taking this class would really give me a sense of why and how people open media up the way they do. With classes on all of these aspects of creating films, BU can truly allow me to understand what goes into making a film. If I am not satisfied with becoming a film maker, BU also has a variety of classes I can take to finally make that decision. One class that particularly stood out to me was the Core Humanities class on Antiquity and the Medieval World. Throughout my four years of high school, focus as not been put on things such as the Bhavagad Gita, which I had been exposed to outside of school. It is these types of classes that I hope will expand my knowledge of the world. Not only will I be able to make the decision, but BU can help me develop myself as a person. Though I come from a multicultural school, my shyness has prevented me from branching out to everyone. When I first visited Boston University, I knew that the diversity would make me comfortable and that this highly varied student body would allow me to reach out to everyone. Not only are the students diverse, but there are endless activities on campus. I hope that with this selection of 300 clubs, I'll be able to become even more involved and active in the school than I previously was. Bhangra, the Film Society, the Vegetarian Society, and Hug Don't Hate are just some of the many clubs that appeal to me when I look through all of the activities. With all of these opportunities, I can definitely see myself waking up every morning, walking outside of my building, and feeling the great atmosphere of Boston and the university. Overall, Boston University is the perfect place to become involved in the world and to transform myself. For me, it is the place where I hope to choose a major and become more extroverted.
plittplatt11 5 / 29  
I'm not sure if you should start off this essay with BU's location. They know that they are in Boston, and there are about 100 other colleges that are too. Maybe focus on why BU and why Boston is just an additional benefit..not the other way around?

The rest of it is really good, I can see what you are passionate about, and what you plan on doing!

Would you mind helping me?

Home / Undergraduate / "the great atmosphere of Boston and the university" - What do I hope to accomplish?