I'm a green butterfly - it symbolizes a sense of gentleness, serenity, and warmth; William and Mary

jjj90 4 / 14 4  
Beyond your impressive academic credentials and extra curricular accomplishments, what else makes you unique and colorful? We know nobody fits neatly into 500 words or less, but you can provide us with some suggestion of the type of person you are. Anything goes! Inspire us, impress us, or just make us laugh.

For some reason, I feel like I was a mistake...like, I shouldn't be a human: I feel like I should be a butterfly, a green one to be exact. It's not because green is my absolute favorite color. It's definitely not because I like butterflies because ironically, I'm not too fond of them. However, there is something about its ability to adapt to the innovative nature of life and its ability to embrace all stages of life, from its origins as a caterpillar, with completely faith and courage that completely relates to my personality and perspective of life.

Before a butterfly develops, it originates as caterpillar; and this development highlights the enigma that I am. The caterpillar signifies new life and change. The caterpillar stage symbolizes my faith that my ever-evolving character will continue to expand in numerous ways. The caterpillar demonstrates my younger self encouraging me to transform into my unique self: a butterfly

A butterfly, to me, symbolizes a sense of gentleness, serenity, and warmth. It represents a sense of resilience, illustrating a remarkable ability to view failure as a learning experience. A butterfly demonstrates an indiscernible journey to freedom, a journey towards a new way of being and a freedom from restricting life situations. As for the color green, well there is no other color that best compliments the unconventional essence of a butterfly. Green signifies a desire for growth and change that relates to the ineffable transformation from a fragile caterpillar to an independent butterfly. It also highlights the unusual nature of a butterfly, illustrating a freedom to purse new ideas and endeavors. The color green also underlines an inextricable sense of calmness and generosity, encompassing a love of both family and friends.

Undoubtedly, the traits of a butterfly describe me, an unorthodox being. I like to think of myself as a transcendentalist. I think of myself as a person who values choices and self-reliance; there is nothing more important to me than making my own decisions, choosing my way of life, and establishing my own path to self-discovery. I believe that I have the ability to reshape myself; to not let my past defined my present and future. My siblings have noted my commendable resilience: my ability to bounce back from anything and everything. I have learnt to accept the changes in my life with both courage, tenacity, and a strong sense of faith. I also exhibit the extreme stability of a butterfly, demonstrating great persistence and diligence, even in the most adverse situations. Nevertheless, I entail the friendliness often associated with butterflies as interactions and relationships form the bases of my daily activities.

I certainly believe that I embody the creative character of a green butterfly. I strongly value the concept of individualism, utilizing every opportunity to be ambitious, original and vibrant. Like a butterfly, I am an unconventional individual who deviates from societal norms. I believe that being an unconventional individual is accepting my personal responsibilities and emerging as diligently as a butterfly.
Mismak17 3 / 12 1  
this is a perfect essay i really like your introduction and it really does make you unique believing u should be an insect and you do a really good job explaining why it if your personality

only comment is to have a better concluding sentence or paragraph
Joe, did it ever occur to you that the butterfly has a very short lifespan? Also, all of the descriptions that you mentioned apply more to the caterpillar stage of the development of the butterfly instead of the butterfly itself. Perhaps you would want to consider discussing the enigma that you are in relation to the development of the butterfly from the caterpillar stage instead? I feel like that development is more applicable to the way you discussed yourself in the essay. Look up the development of the butterfly on the web so you can better understand why I am recommending that you do this. The development of the butterfly from the caterpillar stage is truly in line with the way you describe yourself :-) The way I see you, you are a creation of your own doing and being, very much like the butterfly that emerges from the caterpillar.
OP jjj90 4 / 14 4  
Than you guys very much for your feedback. I sincerely appreciate it!!
OP jjj90 4 / 14 4  
So vangiespen, I took your advice and tried to incorporate the stages from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Tell me what you think.

Home / Undergraduate / I'm a green butterfly - it symbolizes a sense of gentleness, serenity, and warmth; William and Mary