Greetings fellow Stanfor Admit; Stanford roommate essay

grateful1 6 / 17 1  
I tried to be funny so tell me if any of the humor doesnt land. First draft so tolerate grammatical errors

Greetings fellow Stanfor Admit. What follows is the mandatory letter per the request of the satnford admission ofifices. Personally, I find the concept of writing to someone before you've gotten a chance to meet down with them a bit ridiculous, but what else do you expect from the most prestigious university in the world. I mean, isn't writing letters completely antiquated anyway? Nevertheless, these are the three things that you should know about me

1. First thing you need to know is that I stay up late, really late. The main cause of this is, as you might have guessed, the internet. There is just too much interesting, yet completely impractical, knowledge on the internet to ever get more than 6 hours of sleep. One night it migh be watching a marathon of Ted Talks videos and the next it might be reading the wikipedia page for Mongolian cuisine. I simply love so much of the obscurity presented in the world and the internet makes it all the more accessible

2. There is nothing I enjoy more than a good spirited debate. That being said, there is nothing that disappoints me more than someone who is unopinionated, as a Stanford admit I will assume that you do not fit that desciption. Regardless of how insignificant the topic, I will challenge even the slightest difference in opinion. I do this for two reasons; Primarily because I am always right, but also because I love the challenge of being able to back up and reaffirm the beliefs I hold.

3. Lastly, I am randomly stricken with a case of spontenaeity about once a month. Most of the time I am a fairly orderly person that likes to follow a loosely structured schedule, but about once a week I am suddenly compelled by irrationality. This affliction has landed me with a three day suspension for attempting to streak at my highschool's football game, but it has also given me some of the memories I value the most. So if you are a vey orderly person we will get along six of the seven days of the week.

I have absolutely no Idea what you might be thinking about me after reading this, but I can assure you with absolute uncertainty that your initial impression is absolutely probably right.
Greetings fellow Stanfor Admit. What follows is the mandatory letter per the request of the satnford admission ofificer s. Personally, I find the concept of writing to someone before you've gotten a chance to meet down with them a bit ridiculous, but what else do you expect from the most prestigious university in the world. I mean, isn't writing letters completely antiquated anyway? Nevertheless, these are the three things that you should know about me

Well... I can see you are very unorthodox... :D And it's something that sometimes help you to be a creative writer and not everybody can be good at as the way you are. : )

However, I guess you are submitting this to the uni and the admission committe who read through this may not consider this as funny. They may sometimes see this as displaying a wrong attitude or harsh critisism. There is a 50%, 50% chance, in my opinion. Would you like to take a risk or otherwise is the choice left for you : )
Phoebe Africa 3 / 36 6  
I love it! Great work,hey.

At no point was I rolling on the floor with laughter, but I understood your humor, and I think its a good addition to the essay.

However, I am a little worried about you saying you always right. Why not add some witty statements in parenthesis to indicate that this "I am always right" statement is just a joke. Not too imply that you come off as cocky, but it helps to stay on the safe side.

Your essay has a good development, thus, I feel that your conclusion can be stronger and more memorable(just to seal the deal)

By request, I did ignore any grammar mistakes, but there were a few mistakes here and there, nothing heavy, but enough to anger Stanford.

"Most prestigious..." You risk sounding like someone who is only interested in Stanford because of its name, so how about, "the most intriguing/riveting/revolutionary..."

Just use anything that will make it clear that for you Stanford, is more than just a big name. It is your future home, after all!

Nonetheless, its a great essay, I'm also applying to Stanford, and I wish you all the best! (Though I probably need the luck more than you,lol)

Please help with my essays,thanks!
Wambat 2 / 5  
The second point seems like you are combative,

I will challenge even the slightest difference in opinion.

because I am always right,

so you might want to tone it down and focus on how debating helps you reaffirm your beliefs and see the opinion of others.
flyingpuma 1 / 2  
Don't you think debating can be a bad habit in dorm life?
OP grateful1 6 / 17 1  
Not really. I would think it shows intellectual vigor more than anything

Home / Undergraduate / Greetings fellow Stanfor Admit; Stanford roommate essay