I will grow, learn, and become successful; Transfer- Why Connecticut College?

ChichoTran 7 / 15  
Prompt: As a transfer applicant, you have experienced a specific college environment, similar to and yet also different from Connecticut College. What is it about Connecticut College, specifically, that appeals to you? (Note: you should address your reasons for seeking to transfer in the essay on the Common Application for Transfers. Do not provide the same response here.)

5. I am a person who spends his summer, fall, winter, and spring break volunteering locally or abroad. It has molded me to the humble guy I am now today. I feel nothing but gratitude and happiness helping others. With over 50 organizations in New London, I cannot wait to spend my time, learn, and grow even more.

4. The opportunity to connect with not only my with peers is significant to me, but having a unique bond with my professors is essential. With the student-faculty ratio is 9:1, professors will know me by my name and will have every desire for me to succeed.

3. Shrouded by the nature, enveloped by the pristine and beautiful campus of Connecticut College, this university stands above the rest. With its New England charm, collective community, and copious diversity of the student body, Connecticut College appeals to me in ways most universities cannot.

2. Besides flourishing academics and rich resources, I have heard nothing but positive things about Connecticut's close-knit community and its electrifying traditions. Eclipse Weekend, Batch Blast, Camelympics, Floralia, Festivus, Harvestfest, etc. I've heard it all! I cannot wait to become part of it.

1. With such a high acceptance rate (80%) of college seniors entering into the medical field or graduate school from Connecticut College, there is no doubt a bright future is here. I can clearly see my last few years of college at this university: where I will grow, learn, and become successful in my career path.
Well.... I understand you are straight to the point. But, be careful they might find this not very interesting

While this is definitely an original format, I think a traditional paragraph will come across as more formal and be better received.

I think this is a good hint by Didgeridoo... My strong feeling is that you better put these points in an essay format with more creativity. I did the same mistake once with one of my applications and it was not well received. But the next time I did the same stuff, but in a more formal essay format I got a call from them :)

These are great points and you still have time :)
Also, wish you good luck with application !
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
4. Additionally, though the opportunity to connect with my peers is important to me, having a unique bond with my professors is essential. At a university where the student-faculty ratio is 9:1, professors will know me by my name and will have every desire for me to succeed.

3. Shrouded by the nature and enveloped by a pristine, beautiful campus,Connecticut College stands above the rest. With its New England charm, collective community, and copious diversity within the student body, Connecticut College appeals to me in ways other universities cannot.

I can clearly see my last few years of college at this university, where I will grow, learn, and become successful in my career path in Psychology .

In the end, the format is your decision. Your reason's aren't very creative, but they are solid and say an adequate amount about you. Best of luck.

Home / Undergraduate / I will grow, learn, and become successful; Transfer- Why Connecticut College?