Growing up in Miami - multicultural "Melting Pot" - UF college essay

Angelinaaa 1 / -  
UF College Essay:

How will your individual background, experiences and personal identity influence your educational pursuits and your contributions to the campus community at the University of Florida?

Growing up in Miami has been a great stepping stone to get me where I am today. By opening my mind to so many backgrounds and beliefs, I have carefully formed my personal ideologies. By going to a high school in a multicultural "Melting Pot" and having friends of numerous diverse heritages and religions, I have gained such an insight on so many different cultures of the world and I can not wait to apply this to my life on the college campus of The University of Florida.

I go to high school in the center of Miami and I specialize in the academy of Hospitality and Tourism. For the past four years I have been taught about the huge range of people that come to and live in Miami. I have learned to open my mind to all sorts of people and their ways of living. I have experienced so many cultures and I fell that I can adapt well in any type of environment. I have made friends with such a wide range of people and learned so many things about their backgrounds. I have done community service in a few tourist locations, Monkey Jungle for one and I observed numerous new people and learned to provide great community service in return for my work. I used the customer service I learned when I was offered an Internship at a restaurant.

I have gained the greatest experience that anyone can ask for. An experience that has left me with knowledge and an attitude that will contribute so much to the campus of The University of Florida.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
I have done community service in a few tourist locations, Monkey Jungle for one, and I observed numerous new people and learned to provide great community service(Is this the word you are looking for? It doesn't seem so because it doesn't make sense. You can receive great community appreciationfor your work; that might be a better choice.) in return for my work. I used the customer service experience I learned there when I was offered an internship at a restaurant.

I have gained the greatest experience that anyone can ask for in my life, an e xperience that has left me with knowledge and an attitude that will contribute so much to the campus of The University of Florida. (Add on something to the end of this, such as "I know both the campus as well as myself will benefit from it." As it is, it is a bit of an abrupt ending.) "

Good job; great example.

Home / Undergraduate / Growing up in Miami - multicultural "Melting Pot" - UF college essay