Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Guzheng (Chinese Zither) - Commonapp short answer, revision

Echo 10 / 14  
Please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal activities, or work experience)(150 words or fewer).

Here is my essay:

I picked up Guzheng (Chinese Zither) at the age of 7. For more than ten years, Guzheng has changed me into a completely different person. It has a history of 2000 years and relates closely with Chinese traditional culture. Almost every piece of music has its specific meaning which requires me to look up in ancient classics to find the origin of the music. When I'm playing, I devote myself to the music and I often gain different understanding. What is the musician trying to express? Whom did he dedicate the music to? Why was his intention of writing this piece of music? I often focus more on the sentiments than on the techniques; creating connections between the music and me has become a way to help me delve into the deeper levels of life. I don't simply play the notes; I try to tell a story. After so many years I have discovered that music has become part of my soul. Resonance occurs in me whenever I hear great music. It's not just like a friend; it has become the extension of me.

Please give some comments on my writing!
Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / Guzheng (Chinese Zither) - Commonapp short answer, revision