'Being a gymnast' - COMMON APP ESSAY

albee8d 1 / 1  
If you could read over my essay and critique as you feel it is needed.

Topic:
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).

I didn't go into gymnastics with the idea that I'd be learning life lessons; I just wanted to compete. I did the sport I loved until my body no longer would allow it, after a handful of injuries there was no way I could continue. I am now able to take away much more important things that just the room full of medals. Being a gymnast you are used to the idea of perfection. Striving for perfection has been instilled in my life at a very young age. To think of life as a gymnastics beam routine allows for a critical realization that life will have errors along the way but if you do your best you may still be able to stick the landing. I now live my life with that mindset, I understand that the idea of perfection is achievable but not without a few wobbles. The passion and drive that is required to excel in the sport is the same passion that drives me to obtain my long-term goals now. Being a gymnast for so many years has taught me more than I would have expected.
moon05 13 / 133 20  
I did the sport I loved

it just doesn't sound correct, try I was in the sport or something else.
You could add another line to the ending.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Being a gymnast' - COMMON APP ESSAY