"Half and Half= Whole"; The world I come from/ UC App

kelly303022 2 / 4  
Prompt 1-
Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school - and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

Bilingual, a term used to describe a person who can speak two different languages fluently. Preference wise, "monolingual" would suit me better. I came from a world full of Mandarin and traditions that were different than those of the United States. Learning English was hard but I eventually overcame that difficulty. Sometimes, it was hard to compromise my inherent genes and the foreign outsider. But as time passed by, English and Mandarin are blended smoothly which has perhaps became hard to separate. Through the process of getting use to the new language, I realized then, there was a road for me to travel on and discover my passion.

Having the ability to spoke two different languages, and handling situations that seemed hard to cooperate, I found the balance to deal with my two sides: to be a little of both. I was born with the need for coherency and understanding, and whether it is understanding the people around me or attempting to go through experiences I overcame. I was given the opportunity to observe the other half of the world that I was familiar with. Communication intertwined in my life, led me to the right path. Determine who I am and who I wanted to be today.

Now that I'm reaching for a better education, communication is an important factor. College value diversity and the ability to make connection with one another. I obtain the capability to live at two worlds at once, and I am able to change in order to fit the environment around me. I wanted to have the opportunity and the ability to observe circumstances I merely knew. To make an impact on others. Since I obtain the ability to communicate, I wanted to be someone who helps other. Despite the fact that it might be hard for me to be both while being one, I will still obtain my traditions and cultures. That is where I came from, the world that shaped me into who I am today.

* THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME IN READING MY ESSAY!*
Learning English was hard but I eventually overcame that difficulty.

yes... we can see that : ) ... you write very well! : )

But as time passed by, English and Mandarin aregot blended smoothly which has perhaps became hard to separate.
You have strong sentences.... Great!

Having the ability to spokespeak two different languages, and handling situations that seemed hard to cooperatecope with,

Home / Undergraduate / "Half and Half= Whole"; The world I come from/ UC App