My Hampton University Autobiography Essay; 'As a young girl I always had big dreams...'

zammettdamali 2 / 1  
They just said please write an autobiography

As a young girl I always had big dreams for the future. I didn't know when or how it was going to happen but I knew it would happen soon. Like most people my age always wanted to be a fashion designer, police officer, or even a sports player as a child. The main thing that set me apart from them was my ambition.

My ambition always made me succeed in all of the things I strive for. From when I used to get my little honor and scholar roll as an elementary student. Always as a child you used to show off your grades to everyone, which included your classmates to any adult you can find. I always remember every time I showed my report card to an adult, they would always ask what I want to be when I get older. My response would be a doctor pediatrician. The funny thing about it was I used to say what I wanted to be, but I didn't know the real definition of the profession.

By the time I started to attend high school, I found other interest in the health care field. I began to explore everything dealing with field, that I even took the class EMT. It opened my eyes to the hardships that you face on a day to day basics. The class helped me for the better and I realized that I want to become a Nurse Practitioner one day. Which means a lot of hard work that I will have to do. I will have to push my normal honor roll 3.4, GPA to a high scholar roll.

Throughout high school, I've always been in honors classes. As I gotten older I explored to some dual enrollment classes. During my junior year I've taken ENG 111, EMT, and ITE 115/215 courses at J. Sergeants Reynolds Community College. They are good classes to take but one thing about them is that they are very challenging and push you to your limit. I also plan to take more before my senior year is over.

I'm also in some school clubs and do various volunteer work too. I'm in robotics, yearbook, journalism, my high school's school paper, FBLA, andNational Technical Honors Society. They are very fun and helps me prepare well for my future. I volunteered at Chippenham Hospital by running errands for the nurses and doctors. Also I volunteered with Richmond Ambulance Authority as an EMT intern. Which was fun and learning experience. I got to go on the calls with the paramedics.

Hampton always has been an option of choice for colleges for me. I'm an all right student when it comes to grades,extracurricular, and just being an overall good student. Hampton University will make me into a great student in all of those categories. It helps the student succeed in the future and lead them on the right track to becoming a better individual. That is why Hampton is the school for me.
kumku 2 / 7  
nice essay!
I'm just not sure whether you should say so many stuff about your grades/courses and extracurriculars, cause you probably already said it in the application, and I think they want to hear new stuff, so for instance you could try to write a more detailed account of any of those subjects, or say something else about your life, that wasn't mentioned in your application

good luck (:

Home / Undergraduate / My Hampton University Autobiography Essay; 'As a young girl I always had big dreams...'